Senior Data Engineer- Northern Ireland
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Allstate’s strategy continues to put a growing focus on data and technology as we continue our digital transformation journey. This has created numerous opportunities in the technology organization to find work that is meaningful to you as we build innovative products.
Our Unified Consumer View Technology Solutions (UCV-TS) team is responsible for delivering new functionality to support the Consumer Data platform and providing a 360 view of customer information across all channels. UCV is integral to the Connected Consumer initiative as the enterprise responds to a shift in customer demand from the traditional methods of conducting business and buying products.
We have a great opportunity for Data Engineers to join a Product team that we are setting up that will be responsible for creating a new product that will integrate internal and external data to provide actionable intelligence on US individuals/households to improve customer experience, enrich analytics and operations, and improved data quality and efficiency.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Gather a deep understanding of key enterprise data assets and the demands of various analytic teams on these sources.
- Enthusiastically develop and test production-ready solutions that both meet the specific and changing requirements of many teams and facilitate deep analytics or ingestion into further data processes.
- Design and build automated processes that monitor these ETL programs for data quality and governance issues and generate reports thereof.
- Create documentation and provide suggested improvements according to subject matter expertise of the built solutions.
- Lead design reviews, code reviews, and other parts of dynamic Agile development.
- Analyse data to provide insight and to ensure quality and consistency.
- Support Innovation; regularly provides new ideas to help people, process, and technology that interact with analytic ecosystem.
- Review and evaluate on appropriateness of techniques, given current modeling practices, to senior leadership
- Allocate work and mentors others within the team
- Provide guidance to others within team on development strategy and technical solutions
- Motivated to learn and explore new technologies to add value to the analysis process; and
- Strong work management skills with the ability to drive forward your own projects; and
- Innovative approach to projects, with strong desire to improve through efficiency and automation; and
- Highly focused on paying attention to detail; and
- Flexible attitude to work tasks, displaying an ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment
- At least five years of data engineering experience working with sophisticated data pipelines
- At least three years’ experience in some JVM based programming language including at least one of Java or Scala; AND
- At least three years’ experience working within the Apache Hadoop framework including experience in either Apache Spark or Kafka; AND
- Experience building efficient and scalable ETL pipelines for big data including appropriate software and data quality testing and governance
- Good communication skills especially on technical topics
- Ability to work in a fast paced and focused team, preferably within an Agile delivery model.
- Experience in Python, SQL, R, C++, shell scripting, or other programming languages.
- Working knowledge of HDFS, Hadoop MapReduce, Parquet, Apache Hive, Apache Sqoop, Cloudera Impala, or similar technologies.
- Experience in in performing descriptive, prescriptive, or predictive analytics on large scale data.
- Experience working with deeply nested data structures.
- Understanding of relational databases and database structures preferably ORACLE/MONGO
For further information CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.