Senior Application Developer
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Belfast / Derry/Londonderry
Allstate is currently seeking a Lead Application Developer for the MyAccount Production Support Team. MyAccount is an Allstate customer facing application providing customers with the ability to service their policies online. Features include but are not limited to the ability to pay your bill, view policy documents, set up automatic payments, view active claims, and enroll in Drivewise. MyAccount is a service orientated application which interacts with numerous other applications to present the customer with their Allstate information. The processes and tools used range from Agile Methodology, Angular Typescript Technologies to Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration Platforms.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Incident tickets (INC’s) – Work on Incidents within SLA
- Problem tickets (PRB’s) – Ability to identify Root cause analyzing code if necessary.
- Develop & maintain automated monitoring techniques to ensure application stability
- Develop & maintain software on existing and new tools to help support the main applications.
- Answering Data research questions from Business or Security
- ECC participation and helping resolve major incidents.
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- Prior experience of Production Support processes, particularly in the areas of incident and problem management
- 4+ years’ experience Web Application Development
- .NET experience including C#
- SOAP and REST Webservices
- Log Data analysis and reporting tools (Splunk, SQL)
- Agile/Scrum workflow management (JIRA, confluence)
- Source control and Continuous Integration tools (GitHub, Jenkins, Octopus)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organisational levels
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to accomplish tasks independently
- Ability to effectively work with a globally distributed cross-functional team
For more information and to apply, CLICK APPLY FOR THIS JOB.
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.