Role Engineer – Identity Management
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Location: Belfast and Derry/Londonderry
To drive better efficiency Allstate, want to adopt a role-based approach to the lifecycle management of user access entitlements. As a role engineer you will play a critical role in the definition of our new Allstate role-based approach. Your work will drive major efficiency changes for the business.
This position has direct, business-facing engagement responsibilities and the candidate is responsible for playing a technical role. The primary technical areas of responsibility include performing role mining exercises using the current role management technologies (e.g. SailPoint IdentityIQ), designing future state role models, executing the processes in Allstate’s Role Governance framework, and assisting in the implementation of Identity and Role Management process. All activities in this area require individuals that can build strong partnership with the business to ensure that optimal role models are established.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Conducting cross-functional role-modeling exercises with both business and technical users to create roles that accurately reflect the organization’s business and corresponding IT access authorizations to fulfill those business needs.
- Communicating with stakeholders and helping stakeholders understand different implementation options at business and technical level.
- Performing role audits to find loosely coupled roles that are redundant or are overlapping and then work on to aggregate or split the role into more coherent and self-reflecting job functions.
- Execution of role lifecycle processes to include: role definition, role approval, role retirement, role recertification, and role maintenance.
- Coordinate with business stakeholders to identify Segregation of Duties (SOD) and defining policy in IAM software to enforce that policy.
- Performing role discovery and role refactoring (maintaining and optimizing existing roles).
- Performing role mining using both top-down, business-oriented role modeling and bottom-up IT role mining.
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- 4+ years of professional work experience in access management with an understanding of entitlements lifecycle.
- Experience participating in cross-functional teams to achieve consensus and set direction for solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and extensive experience working with business and technology stakeholders.
- Experience with Databases (Oracle, Sybase, MSSQL, MySQL) is a plus.
- Experience with Directories (LDAP, AD) is a plus.
- Experience with enterprise IAM systems (e.g. SailPoint) is a plus.
- Experience with QA duties is a plus (usability testing, performance testing, automated testing, test scripts, test cases and test plans) is a plus.
For more information and to apply, CLICK APPLY FOR THIS JOB.
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as women are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from women. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.