Title: Release Process Manager - Northern Ireland
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Belfast or Derry/Londonderry
Life Technology Solutions seeks two proactive, process driven individuals for this busy and exciting role in release management, augmenting an existing US based team.
The Release Process Manager will be responsible for the LTS release calendar for both Major, Minor and Infrastructure releases, from the initial slotting and scheduling of projects through to the release and deployment across all releases.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Coordinate closely with the Enterprise/LTS release management team, updating health checks and the deployment SharePoint site with current project status.
- Ensure all Change Orders are created correctly and in a timely fashion in preparation for each release.
- Ensure Change Requests, CAB exceptions etc. are completed to assist Delivery Lead in meeting enterprise gating checkpoints.
- Create a Deployment Checklist for the releases, liaising with the Development & QC teams. Manage preparations & actions for each contributing team prior to deployment weekend, confirming resource and contact details for all teams.
- Host regular status calls with development and project stakeholders for each project in the release, following up on any issues.
- Support the efforts to develop, document, implement, and drive improvements on the activities around our ITSM Processes by monitoring for process/inventory accuracies using internal controls, metrics and reporting.
- Effectively manage and maintain governance for the ITSM Processes from an operations perspective.
- Recommends Continual Service Improvements for cost savings of the ITSM process.
- Executes the communication, marketing, and training for an ITSM Processes.
- Executes on the escalation / communication of risks and issues as appropriate.
Release Deployment Weekends
Host the LTS Release deployment call. Using deployment plan, guide all parties through deployment steps, including any external activities from the checklist and provide regular status updates throughout the release window. Escalate unresolved issues to Delivery Lead for further guidance.
Attend LTS leadership release weekend calls advising of any deployment or validation issues.
- Oracle/Unix/Windows/Mainframe basic knowledge
- Deployment and Migration Tools and Process knowledge a plus
- Entry level programming skills (any language)
- Basic knowledge of Scripting
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment
- These criteria may be used where we have a high number of applicants
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency preferred
- ITSM Knowledge a plus
- Standard hours Mon – Fri
- Flexibility to meet business needs as required for weekend working.
For further details please click on the APPLY BUTTON.
Closing Date: Friday 18th January 2019
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.