Platform Engineer – Northern Ireland
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Platform Engineering is focused on the development of self-service tools and automated processes, which enable Allstate developers to continuously integrate and deploy their code in line with the principals of Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CICD) & DevOps. PDI provides solutions across the organization supporting CompoZed and DCIO application development areas.
Candidates should be self-motivated and collaborative IT professionals with a strong background in software development, systems administration and IT automation.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Build, manage and operate the infrastructure and configuration of various components and tools that manage the software development lifecycle with a strong focus on automation
- Write automated scripts to continuously improve the CI and CD pipeline, including evaluating products and stand up/demo-ing pipelines.
- Develop policies, standards, guidelines, and related guidance for operations including continuity management, license usage reporting.
- Establish and implement standards for build artifact management, such as security and performance reports and automated builds.
- Support onboarding of developer communities onto tools stacks.
- Monitoring and resolve environmental issues at multiple layers of deployment, from hardware, operating environment, network and application.
- Minimum of 2 years experience using and administrating build automation tools such as Jenkins or Octopus Deploy OR
- OR Minimum of 2 years’ experience in UNIX/Linux Administration.
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment
- Proven experience of any or all the following tools – GitHub, Git, Jenkins, SonarQube, AWS and Artifactory Pro
- Familiarity with IT Operations (configuration management, logging and alerting, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis); and
- Excellent understanding of software development best practices.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills; and
- Passion for working with new technology and an aptitude for learning.
For further information CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON
Closing Date: Friday 8th March 2019
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.