Oracle DBA – Belfast
We are an award winning employer with national recognition for our employee centric benefits and flexible working environment. Coming to work at Allstate is always interesting with challenging work in a progressive and dynamic environment. Our employees are engaged with the business where they make a difference in the role they fulfill, whether it is participating in new or ongoing business initiatives which advance our competitiveness using the latest technologies and methodologies. We are also very committed to our charitable events, caring for the environment, participating in one of the many sporting events and socializing with colleagues at our many team and company events. There is something for everyone, you just have to take the next step.
We are pleased to announce openings within the ISG DBA group.
Responsibilities will include (but aren't limited to):
• Provide technical knowhow to Oracle DBA group.
• Liaise and support the relevant application groups for database related issues/queries.
• Prioritize and work on database incidents and work requests including performing platform health checks/quality reviews
• Support initiatives within the Compozed labs
• Mentor Junior DBA’s
The successful candidate should have good communication skills with an eagerness to improve quality and processes within the Oracle environment.
Hours of work
• Standard hours Mon – Fri; 9am to 5.30pm;
• Availability to support on call and release weekends as required;
• Flexibility to meet business needs as required.
• 3rd level degree/HND, preferably in IT
• Have a minimum of 2 years working experience as an Oracle DBA
• Has knowledge and understanding of Oracle database systems
• Has an understanding of the ITIL best practices
• Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment.
The successful candidate should also be able to demonstrate a high degree of competence in
• Planning & Organization
• Managing risks & issues
Stakeholder Management (including negotiating with Senior Leadership)
Apply online via the APPLY BUTTON
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.