Title: .Net Developer- Northern Ireland
Ref: 9/7/. ND
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Broker Portal Web Application: Brokers will log into a portal where they will be able to view and update policies. The application will be built using .Net MVC and JQuery, with possible future enhancements being implemented in modern UI libraries such as React.
REST API Services: A set of RESTful API services will be built in .NET MVC which will interact with the policy management system and expose its functionality. The Broker Portal Web Application will be a client of the API layer.
Implementation for the Portal and API layers will be achieved using the Agile Scrum methodology.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Implementation of assigned user stories
- Authoring and execution of unit test cases
- Active participation in the Agile regular meetings: daily standups, planning meetings, demos and retrospectives
- Adherence to working practices as defined in the team documentation
- Adherence to coding standards and best practices as defined in the team documentation
- Working closely with the Product Owner, Scrum Master, Technical Lead and other team members in order to achieve success in each Agile sprint
- Willingness to embrace the flexibility of agile development and support fellow team members
- Have a minimum of 3 years software development experience
- Have experience working in a global team
- Full understanding of the SDLC, including programming and testing
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment
Experience of the following:
- C# .Net Framework (4.x)
- MVC .Net
- Experience of working in an Agile methodology
- Experience of:
- RESTful WebAPI development
- SqlServer 2008 or later
- CI/CD integration using Jenkins and related tools
Apply VIA CLICKING THE APPLY NOW BUTTON
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.