Title: Lead and Senior Full Stack Java Engineers – Northern Ireland
Think Technology - Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
We are looking for Full Stack Software Engineers who work as part of a new and exciting agile team who own the inception, development and full lifecycle of our digital platform product. The team practices methodologies and adheres to principles put forth by the lean startup and lean enterprise movements. We put the system user at the center of everything we do; ensuring that users receive the most value out of the products being developed.
Our Full Stack Software Engineers architect and design their own solutions to deliver our digital product using modern tools, technologies, frameworks, and systems through continuous delivery and innovation. They own and manage running their application in production, and are ultimately accountable for the success of our digital platform product through achieving KPIs.
The Full Stack Software Engineering Lead (D) owns the full stack of software products; developing and implementing creative customer focused solutions that enable omnichannel capabilities for Life. He/she actively participates in the decision-making process of the team ensuring that the simplest appropriate technology and design is chosen to meet user needs. He/she coaches other team members, creating an environment of continuous learning, and constantly challenging and stretching the knowledge of the team.
Candidates should be self-motivated and collaborative IT professionals with a very strong background in Java. These roles will suit individuals who have a passion for technology and are advocates of software engineering practices and continuous improvement. You will have the skillset to fluidly move between various areas of the technology stack. You have the ability to look at a solution and provide direction and guidance on standards and how to make that solution better or more robust. Although you are a technical expert, you have excellent communication skills and have the ability to communicate technicalities of the platform and systems to engineers and leadership / customers in a way that they understand. You are familiar with agile and have a knowledge of either SCRUM or XP methodology.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Participates in inceptions and iteration/sprint planning meetings, infusing backlogs with technical input working in close partnership with product leadership
- Leads and participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
- Leads and participates in retrospectives; demonstrating and encouraging each participant to provide feedback with empathy
- Partners in collaboration and strategy alignment across product portfolios (cross-product) in partnership with product leadership, other peers and key stakeholders with the customer needs and wants in mind
- Serves as an expert on one or more business domain and be a lead advocate of one or more technology stacks and shares that knowledge across teams
- Participates in the effort of shaping the architecture and design of the product; actively helps the team in choosing the right technology, solving technical problems,
- Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices
- Provides support for software products in user environments
- Leads and participates in knowledge sharing, and contributes to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of the product team and teams they partner with.
- Architects, designs and builds best in class solutions to deliver our digital product using modern tools, technologies, frameworks.
- Degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of Protocol, API development, Web Services (RESTful, SOAP)
- Experience with Java 1.8, Jason,Spring, Hibernate and SQL – based databases
- Knowledge of operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Linux, and iOS,
- Has in-depth knowledge of / skills in one or more of the content areas of: Communications protocols· ExpressJS, AngularJS, REACT, NodeJS, J2EE, xScope, MySQL, intellij-ide, T-SQL 2005/2008, SQL, TCP/IP· Customer-focused software applications development· Software applications security· Regulatory requirements as relates to software development.
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment
- Java – Version 1.8, Java Core and Collections, J2EE internals (Annotations, Classloading, Concurrency, Generics, Lamda, Memory Management, Transaction management etc), JAXP and JAXB, Reflections
- Spring Framework 4.x - Modules, Core - IOC, AOP, Transaction Management, Spring Boot, Spring REST, Spring ORM, JPA and Hibernate, Spring Web and JMS
- Web Services: Spring REST / JSON and SOAP XML; Micro Service: CRUD Pattern, Open API Standard, OAuth, Tomcat, IBM WebSphere 9.x – IHS and Application Servers
- Hibernate 5.x, JPA Persistence, Query Languages - Criteria, Hql and Named Queries, Caching with EhCacheOracle 12c (JSON Document Storage) - Simple Oracle Document Access (SODA)Microsoft SQL Server
- Developer Tools: Idea IntelliJ, SOAP UI or Post Man, SQL Developer, JIRA, Confluence, GITHub, Gradle, Jenkins, Junit, Mockito, PowerMock
- Network & Security: Load Balancing, TCP/IP, DMZ routing, Cloud Based Architecture Security Concerns
- Knowledge of Scrum or XP
- Knowledge of Scaled Agile
Apply Here: https://bit.ly/2BWryAp
Closing Date: Friday 14th December 2018
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.