Emerging Database DBA
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
The successful candidate will operate within the global management model with responsibility to:
- Participate in the evaluation and operationalization of emerging database technologies with concentration in the NoSQL and cloud spaces.
- Liaise, educate and advise business areas on platform selection, data design, enterprise strategy, data enablement and best practices.
- Lead internal project efforts to determine technical scope and execution plan in partnership with sister organizations like security, architecture and infrastructure.
- Lead incident, security and performance analysis.
- Streamline redundant operations and automate recurring tasks.
- Support initiatives in Agile frameworks across multiple business units.
- Analyze database workloads, identify problem spots and design solutions to address the problems using monitoring and alerting tools for cloud based and on-premise deployments.
- Participate in the platform level 2 support and on-call rotation.
- Educate and mentor other database administrators.
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science, engineering, technology related field or equivalent experience
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a data professional
- 3+ years in database management, testing, scripting and / or configuration.
- Knowledge across multiple data store platforms.
- Experience with Cloud providers (particularly AWS) and open source software.
- Experience fostering adoption of new technologies
- Experience with the following NoSQL databases: MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis or Snowflake
- Experience with the following technologies: GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Cloud Formation, Python, Kafka, Spark, Kubernetes, Docker.
- Experience or certification with AWS solutions leveraging database platforms.
- Experience with Agile, Pivotal Cloud Foundry and continuous delivery environments
- Experience with 20+ TB databases
- Experience with security standards and procedures like encryption, redaction and tokenization
- Experience with the P&C insurance industry.
The successful candidate should also be able to demonstrate a high degree of competence in:
- Planning & Organization
- Team building
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Customer centricity
For further information CLICK APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.