DevOps Lead Consultant - Northern Ireland
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Platform Engineering is focused on the development of self-service tools and automated processes, which enable Allstate developers to continuously integrate and deploy their code in line with the principals of CICD & DevOps. PDI provides solutions across the organization supporting CompoZed and DCIO application development area. This is a high-profile area working to support Allstate Enterprise’s drive to Continuous Delivery. Allstate’s technology is continually evolving and it needs a senior technical leader to help define and implement the roadmap, our processes and lead the engineering team. You will have a passion for DevOps and be a technology leader with an enterprise\industry perspective. We require an experienced technical leader to strategically research, develop and drive adoption under the Common Tools initiative. Your role will span the enterprise and you will have an opportunity to influence at a senior level. An inspirational style will also help develop and grow the capability of an experien ed team of engineers.Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to)
- Architect high availability, scalable, secure Enterprise solutions for our core toolset (GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, Octopus Deploy, SonarQube).
- Be the technical domain expert for the toolset.
- Contribute to Enterprise tools strategy and working with peers and colleagues drive alignment & adoption.
- Actively manage the workload plan for the team and work in partnership with the Product Owner to deliver on commitments.
- Provide technical mentoring and coaching support to develop the talents of the existing team.
- Continuously improve our operations through introduction of lean practices & automation.
- 5+ years of software development\DevOps and technical leadership experience.
- Experience of developing strong relationships and influence senior technical and management grades across an Enterprise.
- Demonstrated extensive working knowledge in the broad field of Devops with a focus on CICD tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, GitHub or similar.
- Excellent understanding of software development best practices such as SDLC, Agile, Scrum, Kanban.
- Can exhibit Thought Leadership with a demonstrative ability to introduce and drive meaningful technical change.
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment
- Understanding of cloud architectures and operations, security, automation and orchestration.
- Working knowledge of Cloud enablement technologies such as AWS Cloud Pipelines, Docker & Kubernetes