Data Analytics Senior Consultant
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Belfast / Derry, Londonderry
The Allstate Internal Audit (Allstate IA) Data Analytics (DA) team is responsible for providing data-driven, systematic assurance across Allstate Corporation. Our team applies their analytic knowledge and insights to design and implement risk-based analytics. Our objective is to provide timely assurance and frequent updates on the company’s risk environment in support of Allstate IA’s evaluations of the design and effectiveness of controls embedded in strategy, governance, operations and risk management processes across both insurance and non-insurance businesses.
This role is responsible for planning and execution of analytic development in support of Allstate IA as project lead and/or supporting other leads. This individual must provide the appropriate level of project planning and/or delegation of work, supervision and review of staff work to ensure the project follows the analytic execution process and that department and enterprise standards are met.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
Leads and executes analytic development workstreams using his/her technical knowledge to deliver high quality results. Key components include:
- Identifies analytic hypotheses based on risk, business knowledge and/or loosely-defined audit needs and assists staff in identification of hypotheses.
- Develops, understands and prioritizes data and information requirements for analytic development.
- Develops and executes analytics according to a defined plan using traditional and agile project management concepts, including data extraction, development, review of results and assumptions, quality, and conclusions.
- Uses a wide variety of tools and languages to achieve results (e.g., R, SQL, Python, Hadoop, Domino) and supporting infrastructure architecture (e.g., Windows, Linux/UNIX, SQL Server)
- Ensures department standards and documentation requirements are met through a defined review process.
- Designs and completes reports and/or visualizations to concisely present results of analyses and provide recommendations based on patterns and trends.
- Actively participates in workstreams in the department data analytic strategy, e.g. development and presentation of training, continuous risk monitoring, research analytics.
Senior Consultant Level
- Develops plans for the execution of complex analytics and manages the execution of moderately complex analytic projects.
- Reviews team member’s work to ensure analytic development standards are met; identifies and provides feedback on potential process improvements.
- Consults through ad-hoc engagements while working closely with business units to share risk considerations as they undergo strategic projects.
- Leads workstreams for the department data analytic strategy, e.g., development and presentation of training, continuous risk monitoring, research analytics.
- Builds business and technology relationships and provides ongoing consulting.
- Promotes staff development through real-time coaching and feedback and develops/presents training to the department.
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- 2+ years of data or business analyst experience including relevant knowledge of current tools and infrastructure, or relevant Allstate experience working in technology or analytics including:
oUnderstanding of data repositories and systems
oRelevant knowledge of key functions
oUnderstanding of the business
oEstablished contacts in key business areas and ability to establish new contacts
- Strong project and time management skills
- Ability to contribute to a team and build productive relationships
- Bachelor’s degree required - preference of Accounting, Finance, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Understanding of analytic development concepts and processes
- Experience with a variety of tools and languages to achieve results (e.g., R, SQL, Python, Hadoop, Domino) and supporting infrastructure architecture (e.g., Windows, Linux/UNIX, Oracle,SQL Server)
**Applications will also be considered from candidates that do not meet the Band criteria but can clearly demonstrate that they meet all of the other essential criteria for the role**
- Master’s degree a plus
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication including exhibiting strong partnering skills with the ability to interact with various levels of management and external stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and contribute to a team
- Understanding of audit theory and application
- Problem solving - uses judgment by applying knowledge of tools/data and experience when addressing issues
- Influencing - ability to effectively influence individuals to action at different levels of internal and external organizations
- Critical thinking - ability to draw insightful conclusions from information received from multiple sources
- Flexibility, adaptability and comfort with the unknown
- Business acumen – business knowledge and experience or strong knowledge of analytic concepts within a business environment with relevant experience
For further information click APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Closing Date: Tuesday 18th June 2019
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as women are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from women. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.