Data Analytics Senior Consultant
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
The Allstate Internal Audit (Allstate IA) Data Analytics (DA) team is responsible for providing data-driven, systematic assurance across Allstate Corporation. Our team applies their analytic knowledge and insights to design and implement risk-based analytics. Our objective is to provide timely assurance and frequent updates on the company’s risk environment in support of Allstate IA’s evaluations of the design and effectiveness of controls embedded in strategy, governance, operations and risk management processes across both insurance and non-insurance businesses.
The DA Senior Consultant is responsible for planning and execution of analytic development in support of Allstate IA as project lead and/or supporting other leads. This individual must provide the appropriate level of project planning, delegation of work, supervision and review of staff work to ensure the project follows the analytic execution process and that department and enterprise standards are met.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Leads moderately complex analytic development workstreams using his/her technical knowledge to deliver high quality results, consistent with the department plan and guidelines. Key components include:
- Identifies analytic hypotheses based on risk, business knowledge and/or loosely-defined audit needs.
- Develops, understands and prioritizes data and information requests for analytic development; coaches staff on developing requests and obtaining data and information.
- Develops a plan and leads the execution of some complex analytics or executes complex to highly-complex analytics using traditional and agile project management concepts, including data extraction, development, review of results and assumptions, quality, and conclusions.
- Uses a wide variety of tools and languages to achieve results (e.g., R, SQL, Python, Hadoop, Domino) and supporting infrastructure architecture (e.g., Windows, Linux/UNIX, SQL Server)
- Ensures department standards and documentation requirements are met in own work and through review of team’s work.
- Designs and completes high-quality reports and/or visualizations; coaches staff on visualization design.
- Actively participates in workstreams in the department data analytic strategy, e.g., development and presentation of training, continuous risk monitoring, research analytics.
- Consults through ad-hoc engagements while working closely with business units to share risk considerations as they undergo strategic projects.
- Presents relevant training to the department in conjunction with a subject matter expert.
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- 5+ years IT experience with 3+ years of data or business analyst experience including relevant knowledge of current tools and infrastructure.
- Understanding of data repositories and systems
- Ability to build productive relationships
- Bachelor’s degree required - preference of Accounting, Finance, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Understanding of analytic development concepts and processes
- Experience with a variety of tools and languages to achieve results (e.g., R, SQL, Python, Hadoop, Domino) and supporting infrastructure architecture (e.g., Windows, Linux/UNIX, Oracle,SQL Server)
- Strong project and time management skills
- Master’s degree a plus
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication including exhibiting strong partnering skills with the ability to interact with various levels of management and external stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and contribute to a team
- Understanding of audit theory and application
- Problem solving - uses judgment by applying knowledge of tools/data and experience when addressing issues
- Influencing - ability to effectively influence individuals to action at different levels of internal and external organizations
- Critical thinking - ability to draw insightful conclusions from information received from multiple sources
- Flexibility, adaptability and comfort with the unknown
- Business acumen – business knowledge and experience or strong knowledge of analytic concepts within a business environment with relevant experience
For more information and to apply, CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON.
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.