Business Systems Analyst – Northern Ireland
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Answer Financial is one of the largest personal lines agencies in the United States, comprised of two different agencies – Insurance Answer Center and Right Answer Insurance. It sells insurance in all 50 states and the District of Columbia through the internet and one of its 3 call centers. The vast majority of its business is auto and property insurance, although other lines are offered. It sells products from many different carriers (over 30), but not Allstate policies. Its business originates predominantly through relationships with other companies (e.g., Primerica). Answer Financial currently does most of its technology development work with employees and contractors based in Encino, CA.
Answer Financial takes information on customers and their assets (risk information), sends it to multiple carriers requesting quotes from each of the carriers, compiles the quotes from the different carriers, and returns the compiled information back to the appropriate system/party. Answer Financial agencies and Ivantage are both currently consumers of this service. This work is to maintain and extend the quote pipeline engine for new carriers and new consumers of this service.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Provide expertise for one or more areas of the business through analysis and understanding of business needs. Apply a broad knowledge of programs, policies, and procedures in a business area or technical field gained through experience and training.
- Provide business knowledge and support for resolving technology issues across one or more areas of the business and across multiple projects.
- Use appropriate tools and techniques to elicit and define requirements that address more complex business processes or projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Analyse requirements and create or contribute to functional designs, leveraging more advanced technical skills. May help design application prototypes.
- Collaborate with development teams and QA teams to deliver high quality releases to Answer Financial
- May assist with project initiation or planning for projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Follows change control process to manage changes to base lined deliverables and scope for projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Lead information gathering sessions.
- Perform data analysis of executed test cases to ensure data structure and business requirement integrity and also carry out validation procedures to ensure that all system modifications meet end-user requirements and quality standards
- Creates the high-level technical designs for high complexity projects and difficult maintenance efforts by analyzing and tracing designs to requirements (business, functional, and nonfunctional) and systems architecture; creates design documents and maintain design artifacts
- Stewards an application or project and the business process(es) supported; facilitate implementation of strategies, elimination of redundancies, and simplification of the application
- Identifies systems and technical constraints, potential technology risks, and document possible mitigation strategies for high complexity projects
- Participates in design reviews, application design impacts between concurrent releases, and technical walkthroughs
- Understands the technical details, integration, and functions of a few applications, hardware, and/or software within a team; execute and enforce best practices
- Creates functional designs, and understand business requirements and process flows for high complexity projects; understand patterns, methodologies and system modeling
- Provides technical input from team into architectural assessments; support architectural assessments; assist in enforcing architectural adherence for technologies within the team
- Understands and complies with the application and portfolio roadmap; participate in the execution of the roadmap to include the addition/replacement/retirement of applications; monitor the technical progress of the project
- Understands estimating process and help validate accuracy; helps identify critical path across project teams
- Develops and/or confirms detailed estimates for high complexity projects; monitors, documents and communicates the technical progress of the project
- Understands ACORD standards and XPaths
- Develops XSLT (carrier file translators)
- Develops and executes test cases to ensure XSLT transformations are performed correctly
- Interfaces directly with carriers and with partners
- Performs production support - investigates and remediates errors
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Business Analyst / Systems Analyst type role
- Have experience working in a global team
- Full understanding of the SDLC
- Experience working within an agile development
- Strong knowledge of personal lines auto and property insurance
- Experience with of XML, JSON and data mapping
- Knowledge of SQL
- Some understanding of testing (e.g., SOAP UI, Postman)
- Knowledge of C# is a plus
- XSLT development knowledge and experience*
- Candidates must be detailed and meticulous and must enjoy troubleshooting
- To ensure overlap with Encino, CA team members should be prepared to work to 6pm daily
- Applicants must be either EU citizens or possess a current UK visa which entitles the holder to take up full time employment, AND
- Applicants must be willing and eligible to travel to the USA
Hours of Work:
Standard; Monday – Friday; Flexibility required to meet business needs
For further information CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON
Closing Date: Friday 24th August 2018
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.