Title: Application Monitoring Java Developer- Northern Ireland
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
As an Application Monitoring developer, you will be primarily responsible for looking at root cause and customer impact for various application errors found within Splunk. Fixing these errors. Analyzing trends within Splunk to identify areas of the application that need remediated & working with the technical debt development team to build the solutions.
This is an exciting time to join the Usage Based Insurance Team. Telematics is a key pillar of Allstate’s future growth.
The Usage Based Insurance team, having recently moved from Arity back in to Product Technology are looking for passionate Java developers to join their team.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Design, develop, modify, review, test and document software.
- Support or participate in conducting routine technical analyses to design software applications and software tools that achieve desired functionality for a several products / systems / software applications.
- Execute routine software engineering / technical assignments that involve analysis / programming.
- Develop project plans and estimates.
- Identify opportunities for processes improvements to maximize efficiency.
- Develop and review documentation as necessary.
- Participate in or supports the development of software engineering / technical solutions that adhere to established product specifications and functionality.
- Participate in or supports the solution of software engineering / technical problems using basic engineering approaches.
- Participate in and supports the testing and verification of the software by implementing and writing test functionality.
- Provide technical expertise to produce design specifications from informal requests or written specifications.
- Use programming languages to design create, modify or maintain software for Systems Development.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Write documentation to describe program development logic, coding and corrections.
- Assist in all application Unit/Integration testing with Engineering and Product Assurance.
- Assume project level responsibility and ownership of resulting actions with limited supervision
The ideal person will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
Candidates should be self-motivated and collaborative IT professionals with a strong background in software engineering. These roles will suit individuals who have a passion for Root Cause Analysis & Customer Experience and are advocates of the customer and of continuous improvement within the area.
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment
- Extensive SDLC experience (analysis, design, build, stabilization, deployment)
- Extensive Core Java Experience; and
- Experience with Oracle and Microsoft SQL Databases; and
- Experience performance creating and maintaining SQL-based databases and troubleshooting; and
- In-depth knowledge of / skills in one or more of the following: Spring MVC, Hibernate, SQL, Oracle, customer-focused software applications development, Software applications security
- Exposure/Knowledge to Allstate policy systems is a plus (e.g. Mainframe, Alliance, etc.)
- Experience in Auto Insurance and Telematics a strong plus
- Expertise in Splunk
For further details please click on the APPLY BUTTON.
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.