Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance is seeking an Agile Coach. In addition to the following responsibilities you will be responsible for working with teams and leadership on Agile adoption, facilitating workshops, removing impediments and obstacles programs and teams are experiencing, monitoring training and reporting on productivity improvement, creating standards and processes and training. The Agile Coach will be engaged throughout the enterprise transformation to facilitate a smooth transformation into Agile processes.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Coaching / Mentoring the Team
- Coaching: Working with teams to institute, practice, and adopt Scrum and Agile techniques. Identify and introduce opportunities for the team to improve through coaching and questioning.
- Mentoring: Serve as a mentor to Scrum Masters, Product Managers and other Agile leaders with an aim to make Agile techniques successful, resilient and permanent.
- Training: Collaborate to develop Agile training materials, newsletters, and support communities as they relate to Agile practices. Provide Agile and role-specific training (group and one-on-one) for management, team members, Product Owners, and Scrum Masters.
- Framework Adherence
- Observing / Assessments: Observe program and team activities (e.g., sprint, release and roadmap planning) and provide constructive feedback to teams and leads. Critical impediments and non-adherence to the Agile core principles should be brought to leadership attention immediately.
- Process Adherence: Work with the teams to ensure adherence to the defined Scrum processes and framework (status reporting, compliance, estimation).
- Tool Adherence: Work with the teams to ensure the appropriate tools are being leveraged and enterprise practices are being followed to enable consistency and metrics where needed.
- Culture: Work with management and teams to strengthen our Agile culture. Work with teams and individuals to inspire the adoption of agile mindset and behaviors.
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- Experience in delivering Agile training and coaching in a transforming organization
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in an Agile environment and experience with Agile development methodologies (i.e. Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean, etc.) with 5 years of experience in an IT related role.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Technical background with a deep understanding of modern DevOps practices.
- One or more Agile certification(s) - PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), or other Agile related certifications
- Experience implementing and continually improving Agile principles and practices, and coaching the customer on the recommended approach
- Innovative thinking – ability to learn new tools and techniques and apply them to the program
- Experienced in Agile Thought Leadership
For more information and to apply, CLICK APPLY FOR THIS JOB.
Closing Date: Friday 26th July 2019
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as women are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from women. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.