My client is a US based FinTech leader who are outperforming the competition across all realms and with a £10 million investment and two local well-known technologists at the helm, they show absolutely no signs of slowing down.
Due to this success, they are now seeking a Test Engineer who will design and execute testing scenarios for both new and existing projects. A deep analytical and technical mind is required, along with an ability to understand how all pieces fit together. The right individual must have proven experience testing enterprise-class systems. Their brand new office will be situated in Derry/Londonderry, but the role will be fully remote. The office is there if you want it, but other than that you're free to work from wherever is most comfortable.
- Develop new and novel testing strategies from a user (e.g., Merchant, Consumer, Partner, etc.) point of view for both functional and non-functional requirements
- From requirement specifications, develop test plans/cases within a Lean/Agile Software Development framework - define methodologies, pass/fail criteria, risk assessment, and assumptions
- Comprehend user stories to understand task items per story in the context of all levels of testing (unit, functional, integration, and regression)
- Perform ad hoc / exploratory / user-acceptance testing methodically to ensure products are working as expected
- Conduct regression/integration testing as release moves through different environments before Production deployment
- Highlight and identify any testing gaps found through regression testing and working with Test / Engineering teams to resolve them
- Take on an Automation-First mentality in all pursuits - only leveraging manual oriented methods when called for
- All other duties as required by the role
- 1 year minimum in an Test Engineering position
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Coding or scripting experience a plus
- Demonstrated use of (BDD/TDD) frameworks (e.g., JUnit/JBehave, Cucumber, etc.)
- Experience in regression testing as releases move through different environments
- Experience in testing Web Services, Web UI, and APIs
- Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts, and integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins) and code coverage tools (Sonar, Clover)
- £500 towards your home setup & £50 per month towards your utility bills
- Fully remote
- The most exciting technical challenge of your life
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Experience: 0 yrs