Recruitment Team Manager - Belfast - Prestigious Organisation
MCS Group is delighted to be representing a large public sector client based in Belfast, currently seeking a Recruitment Team Manager on a contract basis, until the end of August 2021. This role is paying a very competitive salary, with a scale in place of £36,098 - £37,180.
Working within a well-established team, the successful candidate will oversee the day to day recruitment needs of the business, providing support and guidance to junior members of the team, as well as building strong working relationships with line managers to understand current and future recruitment needs.
The successful Recruitment Team Manager will manage day to day volume recruitment activities across on site, overseeing the end to end recruitment process, right through to candidate induction. Working to tight deadlines, the successful candidate will ensure all relevant compliance is in place for candidates starting, including reference checks and other checks when required.
Main duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Plan, organise, co-ordinate and monitor the provision of efficient and effective recruitment services by managing a small team of Human Resources staff;
- Provide timely and accurate advice and guidance to selection panels on the recruitment and selection procedures;
- Provide timely and accurate information to the Senior Human Resources Manager on the progress of individual recruitment competitions, against the recruitment plan;
- Liaise with the Equal Opportunities Officer to seek advice on the use of welcome statements and other proactive measures if appropriate;
- Consult with Trade Union Side in relation to recruitment competitions;
- Liaise with the advertising agency regarding the placement of recruitment advertisements;
- Liaise with the Communications Office regarding the placement of recruitment documentation on the external website;
- Work with selection panel members to agree recruitment documentation and selection methods for each competition;
- Develop application forms on the iTrent system and manage enquiries from applicants;
- Ensure that applicant guidance documents for use of the iTrent system are reviewed and kept up to date;
- Provide interview training (including refresher training) to selection panels;
- Quality assure all documentation and correspondence issued to applicants at each stage in the recruitment process
- Quality assure all documentation issued to selection panels at each stage in the recruitment process;
- Manage any requests for reasonable adjustments through the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, providing advice to the team and selection panel as appropriate;
- Conduct recruitment meetings with selection panels and ensure that all necessary decisions and actions are completed and recorded;
- Following selection of the successful applicant(s), oversee completion of pre-appointment checks;
- Liaise with the recruiting manager to arrange on-boarding of new recruits;
- Co-ordinate requests and provide advice on Freedom of Information and Data Protection; and
- Continually review recruitment processes and make recommendations on areas of improvement.
The CIPD Level 5 Diploma in Human Resource Management (or an equivalent qualification), and at least two years' experience of:
- Working within an HR Office with responsibility for high volume end to end recruitment;
- Assisting with recruitment competitions and providing advice on recruitment procedures to selection panels.
- Using excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholder relationships at all levels;
- A high level of competence in the use of current IT packages, in particular Outlook/Microsoft Word/Powerpoint and Excel.
- A line management role, which included the prioritisation, allocation, monitoring and evaluation of the work of staff to meet deadlines.
- Experience of using online recruitment systems
What's on offer
- Highly competitive salary, with a scale in place of £36,098 - £37,180
- Chance to work for a prestigious employer
- Beautiful offices
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ryan Calvert (Assoc. CIPD), HR Recruitment Specialist at MCS Group 028 9023 5456.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
MCS Group - Proud CIPD NI HR Awards Headline Sponsor 2020
Experience: 0 yrs