Recruitment Consultant - Practice & Specialist Markets
MCS Group are continuing to expand and gear up for growth, and are pleased to be in the position to be able to bring on board an experienced, driven and ambitious recruitment consultant to join the Accountancy & Finance Division.
The Practice & Specialist Markets section of our business has gone from strength to strength in the past few years and has carved out an unparalleled reputation in the market. We are now seeking to expand the capacity of the team to enable us to push further into new markets.
Who are we?
Our ambition is simple but challenging, "To Set the Standards in each of the markets we operate in". We are in the process of building a team of industry experts at MCS Group and there couldn't be a more exciting time to join. 2020 has seen us enter new markets both domestically and internationally and this year is set to be our best year yet.
A quick glance at any job board would suggest that every job on the market at the moment is within the "leading" company in it's field. Clearly, that cannot be the case and as a result that tag has lost it's impact. When we say it, we mean it, and we can back it up. Whether that's our 5* Google reviews or wealth of customer testimonials, or perhaps it's a quick glance at our client base and the calibre of people we deal with, or maybe it's the high profile partnerships we hold across key sectors in NI, we really are THE leading specialist recruitment firm in the province.
What is the role of a Recruitment Consultant at MCS Group?:
The role of a recruitment consultant is varied, fast-paced and as rewarding as it is demanding. As an experienced Consultant, you will effectively run your own business within a business, growing relationships with key decision-makers in industry and developing a level of specialist expertise that will set you apart from your competition, with the opportunity to get involved in leadership or mentoring, account management or tendering activities. In broad terms, your role can be broken down to two key areas:
You will use your strong communication and sales skills to build new client relationships and further develop existing client relationships. New business is the lifeblood of any recruitment firm so the ability to open doors and continually ensure your business levels are high, is one of the elements of a successful career in recruitment.
We work almost exclusively in challenging skills markets where talent is in very short supply. Our main differentiator as a firm is our ability to source great candidates that our competitors and clients cannot. Therefore, you will need to be extremely proactive and creative, using all available tools, in sourcing the best talent for our clients.
Is MCS Group for you?:
Recruitment is a fantastic career for the right person but it does take real resilience, motivation and ambition. The rewards are second to none and MCS can offer a successful and prosperous career. For this position we are interested in individuals with a background in professional recruitment who can meet the following criteria:
- Third level degree in any subject OR professional accreditation
- A minimum of 1 year's experience in a professional recruitment setting (accountancy preferred but not essential)
- Evidence of a successful track record in your current or previous recruitment role
- Desire to work in a multi-disciplined role from business development, candidate sourcing, marketing and advertising.
- Diligent approach to work, organisation skills and ability to work under pressure.
- An ability to take on feedback and a high-level of self-awareness - our highest performers mix high levels of confidence with the humility to seek improvement
- A level of drive and determination that is noticeably above your peer group is a must - if you have the will we can train for the skill!
What can you expect?
- Strong basic salary with a generous commission structure to reward high achievers - there are no thresholds here.
- A new for 2021 suite of employee benefits that are in line with anything you might expect from a PLC
- Best in class training in the art and science of recruitment and a continuous professional development path, whether you want to go down the management route or become an expert in your field.
- We are Investors in People accredited so our people have been and always will be the secret to our success.
- Industry leading Recruitment Software, including pioneering video technology not in use anywhere else in NI and a brand new ERP introduced for 2021.
- Access to an impressive marketing budget to assist with candidate generation to help find the talent your clients need.
- A long-term career in Specialist Recruitment for ambitious consultants.
- A peer group of colleagues that you will genuinely want to work with day in and day out
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a challenging and incredibly rewarding career!
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Sara Mitchell, Manager - Practice & Specialist Markets at MCS Group or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us for a confidential discussion.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence. MCS Group reserve the right to close the advertisement early dependent on the volume of applications
Experience: 0 yrs