MCS Group is absolutely delighted to be representing The Law Society of Northern Ireland, the professional body for the solicitor profession in Northern Ireland. Due to an organisational restructure, the Society wish to appoint an experienced HR Manager on a permanent basis, based in their Belfast City Centre premises.
The Law Society of Northern Ireland
The Law Society of Northern Ireland is the professional body for the solicitor profession in Northern Ireland. The Law Society acts as the regulatory authority governing the admission and professional conduct of solicitors.
The Law Society has recently introduced a new organisational structure, streamlining its business units into the four key pillars of the Society's responsibilities:
- Education - a new Professional Development Department;
- Regulation - a new Professional Conduct Department;
- Support for our Members - a new Member Services Department;
- Representation - a new Policy & Engagement Department.
HR Manager opportunity
This is an exciting period of change for The Law Society of Northern Ireland; therefore, a key part of the role will involve guiding staff through this change, helping them adapt and embrace a new organisational culture. This will involve aligning business objectives to help build organisation and people capabilities. This will also include shaping and implementing effective HR strategies and activities, alongside offering advice on daily operational duties.
The new HR Manager will report to the Head of a new Business Support Unit, and will have overall responsibility for the organisation's HR function. Responsibilities will include being the principal advisor to the Senior Management Team on all aspects of human resources including strategy, training and development, pay and performance, corporate social responsibility (CSR), and achieving/exceeding commercial and member satisfaction targets.
As well as possessing strong technical knowledge within the fields of HR, Employee Relations and Organisation Development, key to your success in the role will be a commitment to developing a strong understanding of the business strategy, the trajectory of the organisation, its culture, and developing people solutions that help achieve business objectives, while enabling employees to flourish.
As this is a newly created position, the successful candidate will have a full blank canvass to set up a best in class HR offering, building a HR department from the ground up. You will be responsible for identifying, and developing people and talent.
- Relevant HR qualification
- A minimum of 5 years HR Generalist experience at HR Manager level or above, with responsibility for the full range of HR, Talent Management and Learning and Development activities
- Extensive Organisation Development experience within a complex organisation, with a proven track record of successfully managing change
- Strong employee relations experience with strong influencing skills
- Demonstrable experience of driving improved employee performance through performance management and employee engagement initiatives
- Strong track record in the design and development of effective management development programmes
- Experience of building a HR department from the ground up
- Demonstrable experience of working with and influencing senior management in relation to various HR initiatives
What's on offer
- Highly competitive base salary
- Private health care
- Death in service benefit
- Income protection
- Competitive company pension contributions
- Blank canvass HR Manager opportunity, with the chance to really make a difference
- Beautiful Belfast City Centre offices
This is an exceptional opportunity for a seasoned HR professional to join a progressive, highly ambitious organisation, with exciting plans for the future.
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Ryan Calvert at MCS Group in confidence on 02890 235456 or send an up to date CV and Cover Letter highlighting your suitability through the link provided.
Closing date 12noon on Friday 16th October 2020
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs