HR Business Partner - Belfast - High Profile Public Sector Client
MCS Group is delighted to be working in partnership with a high profile Public Sector organisation based in Belfast, currently seeking an experienced HR Business Partner for an initial 6 month period, with the potential to be extended.
Working as part of a busy, professional HR Team and assisted by a comprehensive administrative support service, the successful HR Business Partner will contribute to the delivery of strategic corporate and human resources objectives by implementing a range of HR solutions.
The primary focus for the successful appointee will be in the area of resourcing and in particular recruitment and selection. The individual will have end to end responsibility for recruitment and selection processes with duties including:
- Operating all recruitment and selection processes to ensure the appointment of staff in an efficient and effective manner and in compliance with the organisation's Recruitment and Selection and Equality policies;
- Composing and drafting recruitment adverts and liaising with our Communications Group to go to press;
- Working in partnership with hiring managers to develop job descriptions and person specifications;
- Drafting and developing the necessary information packs for selection processes including preparation of interview questions and assessment exercises;
- Participating in interview selection processes (shortlisting and interviewing), taking the lead HR advisory role;
- Overseeing the conclusion of selection processes including job offers, security and reference checks etc.
- Respond to employee-related issues (eg absence management, performance management, grievance, disciplinary situations etc). This will include coaching, supporting and appropriately advising managers to effectively resolve issues and ensuring that any action taken is in line with organisational policy and current legislation, and that consistency of approach is maintained across the business;
- Draft and issue correspondence in response to internal and external customer queries, prepare group HR reports and internal communications briefings as required, and ensure appropriate records are kept.
- Contribute to the provision of, and make effective use of, user-friendly, relevant and timely HR management information;
- Manage and co-ordinate inputs from HR support staff to ensure all administrative processes are implemented as required.
The successful candidate
The successful HR Business Partner will have:
- Current membership of the CIPD at a minimum of Associate level.
- A successful, evidence-based and recent track record in delivering a customer-focused and professional HR service, with experience in the following service areas:
- End to end responsibility for criterion based recruitment and selection competitions, delivered in line with the requirements of current Northern Ireland employment legislation;
- Effective management of attendance including the management of challenging individual cases;
- Providing guidance and support to line managers on disciplinary, grievance and performance management issues.
- Excellent relationship management skills with evidence of working collaboratively as part of an established team and the ability to influence and negotiate with key stakeholders;
- Experience of applying professional judgement to deal sensitively with difficult issues and personalities to secure effective and timely outcomes;Good oral and written communication abilities, and proficiency in analysing and presenting human resources data to facilitate effective management decision making.
The role requires an application form to be completed, by Wednesday 14th November at 12noon.
For further information on this opportunity, please contact Ryan Calvert, HR Recruitment Specialist at MCS Group on 02890 235456, or hit the apply button.
MCS Group - 2019 CIPD NI Awards Headline Sponsor
Experience: 0 yrs