MCS Group is delighted to have been chosen to partner with a leading Northern Irish institution, based in Greater Belfast, as they look to recruit a HR Advisor to join their growing HR team. As the new HR Advisor, you will be joining an extremely prestigious organisation.
The assignment is temporary, due to finish at the end of August 2021, however there may be an opportunity of extension. The client is paying a highly competitive salary of £30,280.
This job description outlines the level of responsibilities which the post holder will be expected to undertake across a number of areas within the HR Office.
Main roles and responsibilities of the Human Resources Supervisor.
- Assist with the planning, organising and co-ordinating efficient and effective recruitment competitions. This will include arranging meetings and interviews and providing advice and guidance to selection panels in line with the relevant policies.
- Co-ordinate and implement an effective on-boarding process for new staff to include liaising with managers and other key stakeholders.
- Support the management of sickness absence in accordance with relevant policies e.g. update and maintain data, monitor and report on sickness absence levels, providing statistics for monthly reports and liaise with the occupational health adviser and staff support service for medical reports.
- Support managers and staff with their duties relating to performance management.
- Provide timely and accurate advice and guidance to managers and staff on a wide range of Human Resources policies and procedure, seeking advice from the HR Services Team Manager and senior HR manager as appropriate.
- Assist in the review and development of Human Resources policies and procedures, including research, liaison with other organisations and consideration of legislation and good practice.
- Maintain and provide accurate and timely HR management information and manage information in line with data protection policies and procedures.
- Provide administrative support for Disciplinary, Grievance and Dignity at Work investigations and return to work interviews.
- Update and maintain data in relation to vacancy management, including the management of staff in post within agreed complement, assisting in the production of management information papers, ensuring that information is stored appropriately and in line with legislative requirements.
- Liaise with a range of recruitment agencies regarding the placement of agency workers.
- Collate and maintain accurate Equal Opportunities information to facilitate statutory returns, ensuring that data is stored appropriately and in line with legislative requirements.
- Co-ordinate learning and development (L&D) activities including planning the arrangements for L&D events; responding to L&D queries; processing invoices related to L&D; taking forward actions following training e.g. evaluation/feedback etc.
- Collate information to inform responses to Organisation Questions, Freedom of Information and Data Protection requests.
- Support the HR Services Team Manager in the maintenance of the integrated Payroll and Human Resources Management System.
- Provide operational advice to staff on the various software packages used within the HR Office.
- Comply with the organisations Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies and procedures and
- You may also be required to carry out other duties that the organisation reasonably requires of you.
Applicants must have:
Applicants must, by the closing date for applications have:
The CIPD Level 3 Diploma in Human Resource Management (or an equivalent or higher qualification), and at least two years' experience of:
- Providing administrative support for a range of HR services to tight deadlines.
- Using effective verbal and written communication skills to accurately and clearly explain HR policy and procedures to staff and managers.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with key stakeholders, both within and outside of your organisation to deliver a quality HR service.
- Effectively using Microsoft Office packages, to include MS Word, Outlook and Excel as well as HR Management Systems to produce accurate and timely management information and prepare HR documents.
At least four years' experience in the areas outlined at points 1) to 4) above.
What's on offer
The HR Generalist role will be offered with a highly competitive salary of £30,280, as well as 37 days holiday.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ryan Calvert, HR Recruitment Specialist at MCS Group 028 9023 5456.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
MCS Group - Proud CIPD NI HR Awards Headline Sponsor 2021
Experience: 0 yrs