Head of HR Operations - Northern Ireland Water
MCS Group is delighted to be representing Northern Ireland Water, as they look to appoint a highly driven and experienced Head of HR Operations to the organisation on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be a key member of Northern Ireland Water's award-winning HR department, leading on the delivery of proactive and customer focused HR operational services across the organisation, managing a team of approximately 10 HR professionals.
Reporting to the Director of People & Learning, the successful candidate will be a strategic HR leader, leading the transformation and modernisation of HR policies and processes, introducing innovative new ways of working to create a world class standard of practice.
Northern Ireland Water
Our client, Northern Ireland Water, declared number 2 in NI's top 100 companies, an organisation that is committed to contributing to the economic development of Northern Ireland and maintaining the highest standards of financial and business governance.
Delivering around 575 million litres of quality drinking water to homes and businesses every day, Northern Ireland Water is focused on getting greater value from every pound spent, producing a cleaner environment while improving the quality of life of its workforce and the local community.
The below is an overview of the main duties included within the Head of HR Operations role:
- Strategy: Contribute to the creation, development, and implementation of best practice HR strategies, including an impactful Workforce Development Strategy aligned to organisational strategic priorities. The successful candidate will also be involved in leading significant policy and process transformation projects, as well as understanding the HR / people impacts of business unit strategy, developing creative and effective solutions.
- Workforce Planning: Manage all internal and external recruitment activities, modernising and redesigning documentation and processes to the highest standards. This will include assessing how the organisation is viewed against competitors, ultimately making NI Water an Employer of Choice. The successful candidate will also take a proactive approach in leading organisational workforce and succession planning activities aligned to current and future business requirements
- HR Service Delivery: Implement the highest standard of HR Service Delivery in relation to reporting, record management, administration, absence management and employee relations, based on a sound knowledge of employment law
- HR Innovation: Introduce and embed a culture of innovation and continuous improvement to all aspects of HR Operations, as well as implementing creative HR solutions to business issues
- Communications: Communicate regularly, effectively, and appropriately with the Director of People & Learning, direct reports, team members and HR leadership team. The successful candidate will also develop and manage positive relationships at all levels in the business in accordance with NI Water Values and Behaviours
- Leadership / People Management: Develop excellent and trusted relationships with CEO, Executives and colleagues in accordance with NI Water Values and behaviours. You will also provide inspirational, positive, effective and empathetic leadership to direct reports, developing and encouraging team members to reach their full potential
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) or Employment Law Certification or Equivalent
- People management experience in an HR setting, with tangible experience of developing high performing HR talent
- A minimum of three years' experience at Senior Management level to include experience of:
- Dealing with complex ER issues and an In depth knowledge of employment law in Northern Ireland
- Building a culture of excellence and able to demonstrate the capability to be creative and flexible whilst dealing with multiple internal and external factors
- Providing bespoke HR solutions and advice at Senior Management level
- Driving and supporting large scale organisational change across the business
- Leading and managing staff including the ability to build a strong professional HR team culture and ethos based on values.
- HR policy development and implementation
- HR systems
- Managing budgets
Full current driving licence and a private vehicle available for official business or access to a form of transport which will enable the role holder to meet the requirements of the post
- Experience of contributing to the development and implementation of HR strategies within a unionised environment
- Experience of working in the area of employment law
- Managing workforce planning activities including recruitment and succession planning
- Experience of large-scale organisational change within a utilities environment
Closing date for receipt of CVs and applications is Monday 7th June at 4:00pm.
If you wish to be part of the future success of Northern Ireland Water, and want to know more, please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ryan Calvert at MCS Group 028 9023 5456 for information.
Experience: 0 yrs