Head of HR - Leading Service Organisation
MCS Group is delighted to be representing a well established, service-based organisation based in County Antrim, currently seeking an experienced Head of HR on a permanent basis. The organisation is well established, with over 40 years of experience, providing valuable services to organisation based across the UK and Ireland.
Reporting to the MD, the successful Head of HR will provide support in implementing HR and Business Change initiatives aimed at improving HR and organisational capability. In addition to this, the Head of HR will work closely with the Senior Management and HR Team with the effective delivery of HR interventions, advice and provision of operational support.
Supported by a strong HR team, The Head of HR will also be involved in day to day HR Advice and Guidance, including complex employee relations issues in accordance with employment legislation and best practice. Whilst this is a strategic role, there are times when the HR Director will need to get involved in day-to-day operations, therefore the successful candidate needs to be someone that isn't afraid of doing this.
Key duties include
- Working in partnership with other Directors, acting as a trusted advisor
- Lead on the development of new processes and systems in support of organisational development
- Setting HR objectives for the year, in addition to contributing to the development of overall business plans and strategy
- Manage all aspects of group reward and recognition processes;
- Manage all recruitment processes
- Various HR Generalist duties, including employee relations matters, capability, sickness absence, performance management, change management and TUPE.
- Take the lead of various HR projects
The successful candidate
The ideal candidate will have extensive Senior level HR Generalist experience in a fast paced, large environment. It is also essential the successful applicant has exposure to volume employee relations issues, with knowledge of NI legislation.
- 5 years + experience at Senior HR Manager level, with strategic responsibility in a large organisation, with responsibility for more than one employment jurisdiction and for managing a HR team
- Trusted advisor up to and including Board level
- Commercial approach in developing HR strategies
- Leading and supporting large scale cultural changes to deliver business growth
- TUPE experience
- Experience in a profit-margin-critical organisation
- Full UK driving licence
- HR experience within a service organisation would be highly desirable
- Competitive base salary + company car
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Full access to company EAP
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ryan Calvert (Assoc. CIPD), HR Recruitment Specialist at MCS Group 028 9023 5456.
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
MCS Group - Proud CIPD NI HR Awards Headline Sponsor 2020
Experience: 0 yrs