Equality and Good Relations Officer - Belfast - 12 month contract
MCS Group is delighted to be representing a large public sector client based in the Greater Belfast area, currently seeking two Equality and Good Relations Officers. The roles are initially on a 12 month temporary basis but with potential for further extension, offering a highly competitive salary of £37,181.
The Equality and Good Relations Unit provides support for the organisation to ensure it is compliant with all the Statutory requirements of Section 75 (1&2) of the Northern Ireland Act 1998 and section 49A of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
In addition, the Equality and Good Relations Unit has responsibility of ensuring that the organisation complies with Section 49A of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (DDA 1995) (as amended by Article 5 of the Disability Discrimination (Northern Ireland) Order 2006), and Section 49B of the DDA 1995. The organisation is required to submit to the Equality Commission for Northern Ireland (ECNI) a Disability Action Plan showing how it proposes to fulfil these duties in relation to the functions for which it is responsible.
The Equality & Good Relations Officer will work in support of the Equality Manager in ensuring that the organisation complies with all Statutory requirements and in monitoring and reporting on the implementation of a range of equality related plans and activities. The volume of work in the Equality Unit is increasing due to a range of equality action plans requiring development and consultation. The Equality and Good Relations Office will be required to develop draft plans and work with the Equality Manager on consultation and implementation.
The Equality Unit is currently based in the Greater Belfast area, however due to on-going COVID-19 working restrictions, duties will be carried out under an agreed homeworking arrangement.
The main duties / responsibilities of the post are:
- Conducting research to inform future work and preparing papers. This includes the preparation of six-monthly updates;
- Assisting in the development of new policies and strategies on a wide range of equality issues;
- Assisting in the administration of meetings to include minute taking, organising meetings and working on the delivery of relevant actions;
- Assisting in the monitoring and controlling of resources to include the Equality and Good Relations Unit budget and all related monitoring returns to the Finance Office;
- Undertaking research and investigatory work to contribute to the preparation of quarterly and annual reports to provide timely and accurate analysis, recommendations and briefs;
- Managing information, records and briefs relating to the work of the Equality and Good Relations Unit;
- Communicating and engaging effectively with members of Section 75 groups and their representatives, other departments and develop effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Contributing to the analysis of complex information to support and influence decision-making;
- Working with other Directorates on a range of issues such as, in the research, design and drafting of new action plans, areas of policy development, service delivery and in responding to queries;
- Assisting in providing advice to line managers and staff on a range of equality issues;
- Contributing to monitoring and reporting on the implementation of existing equality action plans.
Applicants must have:
- Two years' experience of planning and organising a busy and diverse workload and delivering high quality work to deadlines, including, monitoring resources / and projects for key stakeholders.
- Two years' experience assisting in policy development that includes, communicating effectively and developing working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Two years' experience in the promotion of equality of opportunity or Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998.
- Proven ability to work with minimum supervision and use own initiative to complete duties and tasks.
- A understanding of the statutory equality and good relations duties on public authorities.
- Monitoring spend against allocated budget (s).
What's on offer
- Competitive salary of £37,181
- Chance to work for a prestigious employer
- Beautiful offices
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ryan Calvert (Assoc. CIPD), HR Recruitment Specialist at MCS Group 028 9023 5456.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
- MCS Group - Proud CIPD NI HR Awards Headline Sponsor 2020
Experience: 0 yrs