Your new company
A Public Sector Organisation Based in Belfast
Your new role
- Plan, organise, co-ordinate and monitor the provision of efficient and effective recruitment services by managing a small team of Human Resources staff;
- Provide timely and accurate advice and guidance to selection panels on the recruitment and selection procedures;
- Provide timely and accurate information to the Senior Human Resources Manager on the progress of individual recruitment competitions, against the recruitment plan;
- Liaise with the Equal Opportunities Officer to seek advice on the use of welcome statements and other proactive measures if appropriate;
- Consult with Trade Union Side in relation to recruitment competitions;
- Liaise with the advertising agency regarding the placement of recruitment advertisements;
- Liaise with the Communications Office regarding the placement of recruitment documentation on the Assembly's external website;
- Work with selection panel members to agree recruitment documentation and selection methods for each competition;
- Develop application forms on the iTrent system and manage enquiries from applicants;
- Ensure that applicant guidance documents for use of the iTrent system are reviewed and kept up to date;
- Provide interview training (including refresher training) to selection panels;
- Quality assure all documentation and correspondence issued to applicants at each stage in the recruitment process
- Quality assure all documentation issued to selection panels at each stage in the recruitment process;
- Manage any requests for reasonable adjustments through the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, providing advice to the team and selection panel as appropriate;
- Conduct recruitment meetings with selection panels and ensure that all necessary decisions and actions are completed and recorded;
- Following selection of the successful applicant(s), oversee completion of pre-appointment checks;
- Liaise with the recruiting manager to arrange on-boarding of new recruits;
- Co-ordinate requests and provide advice on Freedom of Information and Data Protection; and
- Continually review recruitment processes and make recommendations on areas of improvement.
What you'll need to succeed
The CIPD Level 5 Diploma in Human Resource Management (or an equivalent qualification), and at least two years' experience of:
- Working within an HR Office with responsibility for high volume end to end recruitment;
- Assisting with recruitment competitions and providing advice on recruitment procedures to selection panels.
- Using excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholder relationships at all levels;
- A high level of competence in the use of current IT packages, in particular Outlook/Microsoft Word/Powerpoint and Excel.
- A line management role, which included the prioritisation, allocation, monitoring and evaluation of the work of staff to meet deadlines.
- Experience of using online recruitment systems
What you'll get in return
£18.76 per Hour
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs