Your new company
A well known Public Sector Organisation in Belfast.
Your new role
- Assist with the planning, organising and co-ordinating efficient and effective recruitment competitions. This will include arranging meetings and interviews and providing advice and guidance to selection panels in line with the relevant policies.
- Co-ordinate and implement an effective on-boarding process for new staff to include liaising with managers and other key stakeholders.
- Support the management of sickness absence in accordance with relevant policies e.g. update and maintain data, monitor and report on sickness absence levels, providing statistics for monthly reports and liaise with the occupational health adviser and staff support service for medical reports.
- Support managers and staff with their duties relating to performance management.
- Provide timely and accurate advice and guidance to managers and staff on a wide range of Human Resources policies and procedure, seeking advice from the HR Services Team Manager and senior HR manager as appropriate.
- Assist in the review and development of Human Resources policies and procedures, including research, liaison with other organisations and consideration of legislation and good practice.
- Maintain and provide accurate and timely HR management information and manage information in line with data protection policies and procedures.
- Provide administrative support for Disciplinary, Grievance and Dignity at Work investigations and return to work interviews.
- Update and maintain data in relation to vacancy management, including the management of staff in post within agreed complement, assisting in the production of management information papers, ensuring that information is stored appropriately and in line with legislative requirements.
- Liaise with a range of recruitment agencies regarding the placement of agency workers.
- Collate and maintain accurate Equal Opportunities information to facilitate statutory returns, ensuring that data is stored appropriately and in line with legislative requirements.
- Co-ordinate learning and development (L&D) activities including planning the arrangements for L&D events; responding to L&D queries; processing invoices related to L&D; taking forward actions following training e.g. evaluation/feedback etc.
- Support the HR Services Team Manager in the maintenance of the integrated Payroll and Human Resources Management System.
- Provide operational advice to staff on the various software packages used within the HR Office.
What you'll need to succeed
CIPD Level 3 Diploma in Human Resource Management (or an equivalent or higher qualification), and at least two years' experience of:
Providing administrative support for a range of HR services to tight deadlines.
Using effective verbal and written communication skills to accurately and clearly explain HR policy and procedures to staff and managers.
Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with key stakeholders, both within and outside of your organisation to deliver a quality HR service.
Effectively using Microsoft Office packages, to include MS Word, Outlook and Excel as well as HR Management Systems to produce accurate and timely management information and prepare HR documents.
- At least four years' experience in the areas outlined above
What you'll get in return
Temporary role initially until 31st August
£15.73 per hour
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs