Your new company
A Well-Known Public Services Organisation
Your new role
Ensure the delivery of core HR services to client areas, in line with key performance indicators and the corporate HR business plan.
Best Practice -
* Demonstrate professionalism through the role, acting as a professional representative of the HR department.
* Lead reporting members of the HR administrative team to deliver a professional, customer focussed, informed, efficient service to client areas and employees.
* Seek out opportunities to improve HR service provision and efficiency, contributing to Directorate continuous improvement initiatives, e.g., ISO, and associated project work, as required.
* Provide advice and guidance to line managers, employees and the HR administrative team to ensure compliance with organisational, legislative and best practice requirements in relation to the interpretation and application of HR policies, procedures and processes.
* Ensure knowledge and learning is shared within the team to aid professional development and service delivery.
Leadership and Management
* Provide leadership for reporting HR Administrator/s in relation to objective setting, performance management, appraisal and development, ensuring reporting staff have the necessary skills and training to carry out their roles successfully.
* Oversee the day to day operation of HR administration staff in respect of client areas, to ensure delivery of core HR services is timely, effective and to client requirements, implementing remediation where this is necessary for effective service delivery.
* Ensure that client resourcing requests are dealt with on a timely basis in line with departmental and corporate performance indicators and customer requirements.
* Ensure all new starts have an efficient and positive onboarding experience, with appropriate management of records, and transfer to payroll
* Participate on recruitment panels as and when required.
Health & Wellbeing
* Support the effective implementation of the sickness absence policy across client areas, including providing management and employees with advice in relation to the sickness absence policy, supporting managers with Return to Work interviews, assisting with Bradford calculation and triggers, administration of the absence management process and ensuring appropriate record keeping within the HR team.
* Provide client areas with support in relation to Occupational Health referrals, sharing responsibility with other HR Business Partners for the management of the OH clinic, as required.
* Assist with the implementation of the Health and Wellbeing initiatives and delivery of action plans.
Learning & Development
* Coordinate the delivery of mandatory training programmes within client areas in line with the Corporate Learning & Development programme, including booking of programmes, issue of training materials, collation of evaluations, attendance records, processing of invoices, and review of programmes.
* Design and deliver corporate training in line with business requirements across the organisation
* Support line management in relation to case management of investigation / disciplinary/ grievance processes as and when required, including the provision of advice and guidance to support relevant panels.
* Support, develop and coach managers in relation to their approach and consideration of people issues, ensuring that they understand the impact of these on the individual and the business.
* Participate in investigation / disciplinary / grievance panels as and when required, ensuring such processes are compliant with current legislative and best practice requirements.
* Act as first point of contact for employees and their representatives in relation to Employee Relations matters
* Provide guidance to managers on all aspects of performance management to ensure the embedding of a culture which embraces the organisation's corporate aims and objectives.
* Provide accurate and timely reports, commentary and trend analysis for management on the key performance indicators, for example, sickness and absence; staff turnover; appraisals; ER cases, training compliance, recruitment activity.
What you'll need to succeed
Level six qualification (e.g. Bachelor's Degree, Graduate diploma) or above, in HR or a Business related discipline and at least two years' experience delivering a generalist HR service to client groups.
At least 4 years' experience (gained in the last 10 years') delivering a generalist HR service to client groups.
HR experience to include:
* Providing guidance to line management in respect of discipline, grievance and performance management.
* Sickness absence management.
* Direct supervision of at least one direct report in delivery of an HR service.
* Experience of initiating service improvements within an HR role.
* Experience in use of IT systems i.e., Word, databases, Excel in order to produce targeted management information reports.
* A current full driving licence and access to a suitable form of transport*
(*where an applicant indicates that a disability prohibits them from driving, this criterion will be waived at the shortlisting stage. In such circumstances, consideration will be given in any subsequent offer of appointment to suitable alternative arrangements that the candidate may be able to put in place that would enable them to meet the travel requirements for the post).
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to produce professional business correspondence, reports and presentations.
* Evidence of effective problem-solving skills in respect of HR issues.
* Evidence of an ability to manage stakeholder relationships.
* Excellent organisational skills with a proven ability to meet conflicting targets and deadlines.
* Strong knowledge of relevant employment legislation and HR best practice
Associate Membership (or higher) or CIPD
Masters level qualification in HRM
Experience working in an HR role within a unionised environment
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs