- Provide the individual with support in their place of work to ensure they achieve the required job performance, providing assistance with a range of tasks/duties including;
- Providing a clean and safe environment for teaching
- Providing cleaning support during classroom demonstrations
- Ensuring dishes/cutlery and glassware are clean, stored correctly and stock levels maintained
- Support students to meet cleaning deadlines
- Participate with the operation of practical learning environment
- Prepare and lay out equipment and other materials for practical activities, classes & assessments
- Create and maintain an environment for students learning that is constantly monitored to ensure it adheres to professional standards and is clean and safe
- Maintain up to date records and checks e.g. temperature checks, food dated, labelled and packaged.
- Maintain documentation and systems to assist in the hire laundry system
- Ensure all materials are disposed of in line with college waste management system
- Assist with the delivery and storage of food, equipment, cleaning materials and disposable items.
- Ensuring that the support service promotes empowerment and independence
- To ensure that the individual remains at the centre of their support
- To develop and maintain professional working relationships with service users and work colleagues
- To ensure the effective application of health and safety procedures for all staff and learners within the College
- To interact with support departments including, marketing, MIS, HR and Estates to ensure the effective operation of academic requirements with the Section and site.
- To implement and embed the College's equality and diversity policies and response to its equality and diversity duties as they relate to all stakeholders
- Act, if directed, as Fire Marshall or Fire Warden
- Carry out, if directed, the role of First Aider (subject to College policy & procedures).
- To fully participate in the Section's contribution to the achievement of the College's mission, values and strategic directions.
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may be reasonably expected of the post holder.
- At least one year's experience working in a catering
- Experience of providing person centred support to an
individual(s) e.g. with an individual with a physical
- Discreet, and able to maintain confidentiality
- Flexible approach with a focus on service and performance
Calm, patient and positive in their interaction at all times
- Customer Service Orientation
- Collaboration & Team Work
- Planning, Prioritising & Organising
- Relationship Management / Building
- Communication & Personal Impact
Pay rate : £8.32 per hour
Further Education is an ever changing service and all staff are expected to participate
constructively in College activities and to adopt a flexible approach to their work.
Note: No job description can cover every issue that may arise within this post at various
times and the post holder is expected to carry out other duties which are broadly
consistent with those contained in this document. The job description will be reviewed
and varied periodically by Management in the light of the business needs of the College
The post is a Previously Controlled Activity Position as defined by the Safeguarding Vulnerable
Groups NI Order 2007.
Belfast Metropolitan College is a child-care organisation and complies with the requirements of
the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Regulations
SOC 6 - DECEMBER 2018
All temporary appointments will be offered under a Contract for Services, which all parties will be
required to sign in advance of commencement of any assignment with the College.
Please note - candidates will be required to work the same pattern as the individual they
are offering support to, inclusive of holidays.
Experience: 0 yrs