DATA SERVICES MANAGER
On Music Ltd is a music metadata solutions company that provides a range of specialist services to the media industry. We are seeking motivated individuals who are interested in working in this niche sector to join our expanding music data services team.
This role will provide a unique insight into how the media industry uses music data and offers an opportunity for anyone interested in gaining experience in this field.
Role: Data Services Manager
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Working Hours: 35 Hours per week (9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday).
Salary: Depending on experience. Will be discussed at interview.
To effectively manage day to day operations, liaising with internal and external stakeholders on performance levels and implementing productivity measures. Responsible for developing key relationships with current and potential clients to cultivate and identify appropriate service offerings. This role includes general administrative duties, key account management and face to face contact with both internal and external clients which may involve domestic/international travel.
It is expected the person in this role will develop an advanced level of knowledge in music/media copyright with a sound understanding of the purpose and function that On Music Ltd play in the industry. The role requires confidence with the ability to work with all disciplines across operations and all levels of potential client personnel. The individual will have an aptitude to establish, familiarise, maintain and build strong working relationships with good communication, social and interactive skills.
Key Responsibility Areas
1. Drive operational efficiency within teams ensuring that both internal and external KPIs are met on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
2. Develop and maintain advanced knowledge on client SLA metrics, internal target structures and team workflows.
3. Produce bespoke reports containing analysis on operational performance metrics.
4. Collaborate with management to standardise and innovate, promoting a culture of quality, efficiency, continual improvement and customer satisfaction.
5. Coach and mentor team supervisors, providing support on an ongoing basis to ensure teams achieve agreed target levels.
6. Ensure that staff are informed and updated on key operational policy changes.
7. Identify and document constraints, assumptions and risks associated with changing business requirements.
8. Define and document existing business processes and help to manage their continual improvement.
9. Understand and maintain advanced levels of knowledge across all systems used internally and externally by clients.
10. Design technical specifications for new and updated system processes, liaising effectively with IT consultants and conducting testing for all new functionality.
11. Manage the introduction, trial and launch of new services by working closely with internal stakeholders; integrating this within current working practices.
12. Attend regular external client meetings to discuss levels of service, current issues and identifying the potential for up selling.
1. Work with the Head of Operations to acquire and collate appropriate market intelligence, in order to identify business opportunities, to advise up-sale opportunities with the client.
2. Design, establish and drive pilot activities to establish proof of concept with potential clients.
3. Transition newly acquired clients to day to day operations, including but not limited to: client expectations, workflow processes, target structure and key business knowledge.
4. Have an in-depth knowledge of the service current clients are provided with by the organisation.
5. Understand and maintain advanced levels of system knowledge across all systems used by internal teams and external teams.
6. Develop a working knowledge of music copyright within the global media industry.
7. Maintain excellent client relationships with existing and potential clients.
1. Liaise as required with the Finance/Administration Manager to arrange and account for all travel and expenses.
2. To liaise with the HR/ Office Manager in relation to staff under your supervision for holiday, sick and TOIL and all office issues arising.
3. To adhere to the terms, conditions and good practices of the company within the Company’s Handbook.
4. To maintain good working relationships and co-operate with your co-workers within the client companies and On Music Ltd as should be expected as standard work practice.
5. Any other duties, within reason and capability as agreed with the MD (Managing Director)
Person Specification: Data Services Manager
• 5 years’ experience in managing high performance teams
• Managing client and internal relationships, SLAs and KPIs
• Ability to motivate and develop staff
• Proven track record of creating reports for analysis
• A qualification in leadership and management would be advantageous
• Experience in handling technical specifications for bespoke systems and liaising confidently with IT on system testing
Knowledge/ Skills - Essential
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint
• Commitment to achieving excellence through continuous improvement
• Knows when to consult, make decisions and delegate to others
• Can demonstrate personal effectiveness in improving the quality of data management, analysis and evaluation
• GCSE English and Maths Grade C or above
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Flexible and reliable
• Problem Solver
• Trustworthy, open and respectful in dealing with people
• Ability to compose clear and concise documentation
Applicants should be 16 or above and should meet the criteria laid out above in the Person Specification.
To apply, please forward your CV via tha apply link below.
All applications must be received before 12 Noon on Monday 12th September 2016 and may be submitted electronically or via post at Venture Gate, 32 – 36 Dublin Road, Belfast, BT2 7HN.