Vacancy Reference: 18221
We are currently recruiting for a band 5 Salon Operations Manager for the Belfast area. This will be a full-time temporary role, Monday to Friday consisting of 36 hours per week, with an hourly rate of £12.71.This vacancy is expected to last until March 2020.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the development and daily operations of the hair and beauty salons and clinics at TQ on a commercial basis in line with HABIA requirements
- The post holder will be part of a team responsible for overseeing the assessment process for candidates registered on the Hairdressing programmes offered by the College
- The post holder will develop, implement and review the policies, procedures and practices within the salons and clinics
- The post holder will be responsible for liaising with Course Coordinators and the CAM, the scheduling of commercial activities, Masterclass events, internship and placement students
- Hold a minimum NVQ Level 3 qualification, or above, in Hairdressing or Beauty Therapy PLUS have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a senior position in a hairdressing or beauty salon environment
- English GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Communication, or equivalent
- Maths GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Numeracy, or equivalent
- Experience of supervising and managing staff
- Experience of planning and implementing salon and sales activities
- An understanding of current QCF/NQF hairdressing and beauty qualifications Levels 1-3
- Knowledge of current salon trends (hair and beauty)
- Knowledge of industry standards and pricing structures
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation and requirements relating to hairdressing, beauty and Spa practices
- Hold or be in the process of completing, Assessors award (A1/A2 or equivalent), OR give a commitment that you will undertake the Assessors award (A1/A2 or equivalent) within one year
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 90330 555
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Candidates will be required to obtain an Enhanced Access NI check at a cost of £33.00.
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.