Technology Manager – Northern Ireland
Independent News & Media, Ireland’s leading news publisher, is now seeking applications for the position of Technology Manager. The Technology Manager will provide technical leadership and help shape the strategy and direction of INM’s classified platforms in Northern Ireland, including propertynews.com, the Edge/WebEdge property software, nijobfinder, and Recruit NI. The development of websites, apps, content management/admin systems and software is managed by a third party based in Northern Ireland. The role holder will play a key role in how we develop and evolve our platforms for the future.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the technical development and support of the portfolio of classified websites, apps, admin systems and software as well as oversee the management of the platforms that host those products.
- Set consistent standards for development practices and processes (e.g. security, source control, release cycles, QA testing) with our suppliers.
- Work closely with in-house project managers and external suppliers to define and estimate the technical scope of projects.
- Agree development milestones and schedule routine status stand-ups with developers/project managers and provide regular development updates, ensuring project requirements and timelines are met.
- Design and ensure quality control of the technical delivery of complete projects and new features, assisting with release/deployment planning.
- Continuously review in-house tools, ensuring they are fit for purpose, and improve internal processes and communication to foster a more agile, efficient, result-driven and commercially-focused culture.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a lead developer or similar role. Previous people management experience.
- Experience in producing secure, compliant, performant and accessible commercial websites/apps, with complex business logic and integration with APIs.
- Knowledge of Cloud Based services such as AWS and other technologies listed above is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field of study for software development (or equivalent).
Applications accompanied by a CV and cover letter should be submitted via the Independent News & Media vacancies page accessible VIA CLICKING THE APPLY BUTTON
Closing date for applications is close of business Friday 25th January