Independent News & Media
Exciting Career Opportunity
Group Head of News
The Group Head of News is the operational leader of the NI group newsroom, comprising the Belfast Telegraph, Sunday Life and associated on line products/channels of both titles. The Group Head of News is responsible for all ‘news’ creation and meeting the needs of audiences across all platforms and within a seven day operation.The Group Head of News and his/her deputies (news editors) act in unison and share through the-day responsibility for the news desk and coordination of specialist, general and breaking news reporters.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the creation and delivery of unique, audience-focused, quality news and content across all platforms over seven days.
- Drive a platform-neutral culture in the newsroom.
- Develop editorial strategy with title Editors and the MD.
- Manage News Editors and oversee rostering of the cross platform reporting pool.
- Liaise closely with Masthead and Digital Editor – ensuring their news objectives are met.
- Oversee and/or run news briefings in coordination with Masthead and Digital Editor.
- Understand and respond to audience needs on all platforms, as advised by market research and the audience insight.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
At least 10 year’s experience as a media professional, with a recognised and demonstrated standard of excellence in the following areas:
- Newspaper editing
- News Editing – generating ideas
- Written journalism
- Newspaper production
- Team leadership and people management
Applications accompanied by a CV and cover letter should be submitted via the Independent News & Media vacancies page accessible VIA CLICKING THE APPLY NOW BUTTON
Closing date for applications is close of business Friday 25th January.
INM Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer