Technical Manager – Food Sector Belfast
- Our client has an exciting opportunity available to a passionate Technical professional to join their team to safely lead, motivate and develop the site Technical team.As a key member of the site management team you will provide leadership, manage and develop the technical department in achieving continuous improvement in the quality of their high quality products. You will provide expertise and support to the operations in all site audits; championing local and national project improvement initiatives and communicating and implementing best practice company standards.
- To safely lead, motivate and develop the site Technical team, ensuring all KPI’s & legal requirements are achieved.
- Ensuring that quality management systems, operating practices and process controls are developed, implemented and followed by staff to deliver adherence to company site standards and consistent quality.
- Leading and advising the site teams on statutory regulations and company standards impacting on site standards, food safety, quality and environmental hygiene.
- To develop technical competency and continuously improve technical operational effectiveness.
- Partnering the engineering and manufacturing manager to develop PDP’s and other initiatives which enhance the manufacturing operation through reduced costs and improved quality.
- Ensure successful NPD and EPD introduction into site, delivering compliance to product specifications.
- Leading all customer, other auditing bodies’ and internal audits to ensure compliance and implementing any arising actions.
- Management of HACCP, incidents and crisis as part of the site HACCP, incident and crisis management team.
- Build and develop effective relationships with the management team on site to ensure cross functional working and with the wider AMB technical team to ensure best practice is shared and brand /customer policies are implemented.
- At least 5 years experience in a technical/hygiene role, preferably with management experience of leading teams in commercially challenging, results driven, food manufacturing environments.
- Proven project management and audit skills.
- Strong IT skills, with a knowledge of retailer Codes of Practice & web based systems; TTL, Evolve , Hive , Sedex and BRC web based system.
- Graduate caliber with a food science qualification, HNC/D or degree level equivalent.
- HACCP Qualification preferred.
- Understanding of Microbiology of products.
- Knowledge of allergens and Allergen control.
Competitive salary and excellent staff benefits. Please note that this position is based on a dayshift pattern
Please submit a comprehensive CV which should clearly demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria, through the link here. You may call Greg Quinn in confidence on 028 3025 2407 / 07900 361608 for more information.