A key position has arisen at Ulster Supported Employment Ltd, the largest supporter of people with disabilities into open employment within Northern Ireland.
With the rapid growth of our business we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our exciting and growing business to be based at our Head Office in Belfast.
The Social Economy Manager will drive the growth of our recycling operations and seek to develop new opportunities within this sector.
Title: Social Economy Manager
Location: Ulster Supported Employment Ltd, 182-188 Cambrai Street, Belfast, BT13 3JH.
Responsible to: Head of Operations
Responsible for: Mattress Recycling Department personnel
Job Purpose: To manage existing recycling business and to develop further opportunities internally and externally
• To grow the mattress recycling business within USEL and to develop relationships and business opportunities with additional Councils across the Province
• To identify waste streams and under-utilised resources that could be used internally or externally by other organisations
• To maximise and manage relationships with existing and new suppliers, partners and service providers within the manufacturing and employment services divisions
• To review and assess in house materials usage and available resources to reduce waste and to identify re-use and other business opportunities benefitting income streams and the environment
• To introduce employment opportunities in house through identification of additional recycling and/or re-use opportunities
• To adhere to ISO 9001:2008 procedures
• To adhere to all statutory and company health & safety standards, rules and regulations
• To adhere to all environmental standards
Terms and Conditions
Remuneration: Grade £30,065 – 34,853 (currently under review)
Mileage allowance: 50p per mile
Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
27 days annual and 10 days’ statutory holidays
35 hours per week
• Recognised Business/ Management qualification
Relevant Knowledge & Experience
• At least 2 years, gained in the last 3 years, in a management role within a circular economy/recycling environment
• Demonstrable knowledge/experience in recycling business development
• Experience of evaluating work stream profitability or business case evaluation
Skills and Competencies
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, including strong presentation skills
• Proven people management skills which are demonstrable through experience of managing, directing and guiding the performance of others
• Proven strong problem solving abilities
• Demonstrable commercial awareness/ business acumen
• Proven effective organisational and time management abilities
• IT literate
• Results-focused with ability to work on own initiative
• Flexible approach to ensure business needs are met
• Access to a car or be able to meet the mobility requirements of the post
To apply for this role please download application pack from our website VIA CLICKING THE APPLY BUTTON
The closing date for receipt of applications is 12 noon Wednesday 31 August 2016.