Occupational Health Adviser
Independent Occupational Health Ltd is a local company with many years’ experience in providing occupational health services to local private and public sector employees. We are currently looking to add to our team.
This is a peripatetic role and will include Health Surveillance and OH services such as management referrals and fitness for work assessments for our client’s employees.
An integral part of the role involves utilising your experience and training to compile clinical records, management advice reports and making appropriate recommendations in line with clinical standards and protocols.
You need to be a Qualified Registered General Nurse, ideally with a Degree or Diploma in Occupational Health. You’ll need experience within a commercial occupational health environment. Case Management and Health Surveillance experience is preferred but in-house training will be offered to the right candidate, along with having the ability to conduct both face to face and telephone based assessments.
Equivalent to band 6.
Consideration will be given to nurse applicants without the Occupational health qualification - SCPHN(OH)
Job Title: Occupational Health Adviser
Reports to: Occupational Health Manager
Accountable to: Director
Role Summary: The post holder will work to support a healthy and safe environment by delivery of an occupational health service and to assist in the provision of an advisory service to Independent Occupation Health Ltd Clients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. To support the development of a healthy and safe working environment through the provision of occupational health and safety guidance and information to Independent Occupation Health Ltd Clients.
2. To work in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and professional guidelines, and assume responsibility for own professional actions.
3. To contribute to the development of occupational health policies and processes
4. To provide a holistic, autonomous and clinical nursing services including
5. Identifying the occupational health needs of jobs with Independent Occupational Health Ltd Clients and provide appropriate and guidance for:-
- Planning and implementing all necessary health surveillance programmes to comply with statutory requirements
- Pre-employment health screening
- Sickness absence and rehabilitation assessments for individuals
- Support Managers in the management of sickness absence
- Home visits when required
- Identify the ill-health factors affecting regular attendance at work and to propose action plans to the Independent Occupational Health Ltd Client
- Facilitate, advise and assist with requests for retirement on grounds of ill-health
- Advise on the provision of First Aid
- Co-ordinate health promotion activities
6. To contribute in preparing protocols and procedures as appropriate to the functional of an occupational health service
7. To communicate in a highly confidential, sensitive and tactful manner with and between employees and management, in relation to sensitive personal and work related issues
8. To maintain all relevant occupational health records in accordance with guidance from professional bodies
9. To liaise with and maintain relationships with external organisations, Occupation Health physicians, GPs and other health professionals as required
10. To participate in audits as required
11. To provide a high standard of Professional conduct and nursing care at all times in accordance with NMC
12. To follow a programme of continuous professional development so that the standard of professional expertise is sustained.
The duties and responsibilities outlined in the job description are not meant to be definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs. It should be noted therefore, that duties, designation and location of the post may be subject to change in the future to meet the changing requirements of the service.
The Independent Occupation Health Ltd organisation operated a ‘Smoke Free’ policy, therefore all staff must comply.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc (Hons) Occupational Health degree or equivalent academic Occupational Health qualification or working towards gaining this or equivalent qualification.
- NMC registration
- Commitment to continuous personal and professional development
- Significant occupational health experience, including case management and pre-employment screening.
- Experience of working in a large, complex organisation, dealing with employees at all levels.
- Effective written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to fulfill the travel requirements of the post.
- NEBOSH certificate
GENERAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Word
- The ability to prioritise own workload and work to tight timescales
- Effective communication skills, which will meet the needs of the post in full
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to work on own initiative
- Experience of other Microsoft applications such as Excel, Access etc.
- Experience in using E-Mail
To apply for this role please submit your CV VIA THE APPLY BUTTON