Temporary Environmental Health Officer required for a local government organisation based in Belfast.
Starting ASAP potentially up to 3-6 months
Mon-Thurs 8.30am-5pm and Fridays 8.30-4.30pm = 37 hours per week
Duties will include:
- To carry out specified enforcement, investigative, educational and advisory duties associated with the responsibilities of any area of work to which the postholder is assigned.
- To actively participate in and progress through a structured development programme to build the professional experience and competence.
- To proactively liaise with other organisations (public, private, voluntary and community) to enhance the achievement of service and unit objectives.
- To carry out project work as directed by the Principal Environmental Health Officer or Senior EHO.
- To be responsible for organising personal daily work demands to ensure that all relevant agreed targets are achieved to ensure that a quality, customer focused environmental health service is delivered.
- To provide such reports, records and statistical information as required.
Applicants must be qualified Environmental Health Officers who hold a Certificate of Registration of the Environmental Health Officers' Registration Board or hold a qualification acceptable to the Board, that is, Diploma in Environmental Health awarded by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) or a historical equivalent. They must also be an Ordinary Voting or Graduate Member of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
Applicants must also possess a full, current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland and have a car available for official business, or, access to a form of transport which will enable them to meet the requirements of the post in full.
If you are interested and available for this role please upload your CV to the link.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS ROLE IS FRIDAY 9TH FEBRUARY AT 5PM**
Experience: 0 yrs