One of the most exciting companies to work for in the Irish/N.I electrical, power and distribution market. They are in a period of substantial growth after being awarded major projects on the national stage working for Multi-national contractors and businesses, and are moving into the mainland UK market through well established long term business partners. This role will be based in N.I with some travel throughout Ireland.
Immediate requirement for an Electrical design engineer to work on one of the most technically demanding, and challenging power and distribution projects in northern and southern Ireland in recent times. You would be based out of our clients main County Down base of operations.
As a highly valued member of the OL (Overhead line) engineering team, you will work closely with the team and management carrying out design on a wide variety of design commissions ranging from pre-feasibility through to detail design.
- Prepare fee proposal and agree with management for submission to client, including resources and program
- Manage the workload and technical and commercial management of a small team
- Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design
- Assess staff requirements at each stage of the project, Identify data and information required for project and review and appoint appropriate sub-consultants
- Manage the preparation of client reports, bringing together the contributions from other specialist areas of the business
- Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations
- Manage the tender process for the appointment of contractors
- Respond to design queries during construction phase and attend site meetings
- Communicate project's critical issues in a timely manner to Directors and clients
- We are looking for an engineer with a power and distribution background within the electrical market, alternatively we would consider someone with a rail OLE background. You will hold a minimum of a HND Electrical or Mechanical Engineering qualification, or equivalent with a BEng or BSc in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent.
- You will ideally have power and distribution or Overhead line design experience from pre-feasibility to detail design and construction support.
- You will ideally be a Chartered / Incorporated Engineer with either the IMechE or IE
- Ideally experience working within an ITP with day to day dealings with DNO's.
£28000 - £38,000 P/A plus standard benefits
Experience: 0 yrs