Our educational client based in Belfast are currently seeking to recruit an Electrical Engineer Technician to join their team.
Position is based on full-time temporary ongoing.
Working Monday - Friday 0800-1600
To assist with the provision of electrical building services associated with a wide range of minor works, refurbishment and new build construction projects on behalf of Departments, Agencies, NDPBs and the wider public sector. This may involve work associated with office accommodation, college/teaching facilities, historic buildings, museums, tourist facilities, workshops, laboratories, factories, storage facilities, amenity facilities, business/industrial units, sport facilities, site/park/estate roadways, harbour or other maritime developments, landscaping and regeneration schemes.
The main activities will include:-
Project management of projects;
- Development of brief;
- Identification of options;
- Completion of condition reports and feasibility studies;
- Co-ordination of health and safety measures during planning and preparation for the construction phase;
- Consultation with utilities and other statutory authorities;
- Preparation of outline design;
- Lead and participate in value management exercises to review options on a Whole Life Costs basis;
- Lead and participate in risk management exercises to establish and maintain a Risk Register for the project;
- Preparation of detailed design;
- Preparation of programmes;
- Establishment of rigorous cost control procedures;
- Establishment of rigorous management procedures to monitor the design and construction phases;
- Development of designs that are energy efficient and represent best practice in sustainability;
- Preparation of NEC3 contracts and their administration including call-offs from framework agreements;
- Preparation of costs estimates including appropriate risk allowance;
- Tender analysis and preparation of reports;
- Ensuring that rigorous safety policies are in place and are implemented by the Contractor and Sub-Contractors working on the site and that there is adequate protection for the public and others;
- Undertaking the Supervisor duties as required under the NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract;
- Valuation of works including adjustment for Compensation Events;
- Preparation of detailed cost plans and cash flow programmes;
- Settlement of final accounts;
- Preparation of monthly reports to clients;
- Commissioning engineering systems;
- Advising clients on any outstanding claims, counterclaims, liquidated damages or other contractual issues; and
- Manage all matters in connection with the resolution of disputes between the Employer and the contractor.
Knowledge and Skills
The agency worker should have:
- a wide range of technical knowledge and skills;
- strong oral and written communications skills;
- ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- the ability work effectively within a multidiscipline team;
- knowledge of, and ability to apply, emerging best practice;
- a good working knowledge of and be competent in the use of AutoCAD and MS Office or equivalent; and
- A current driving license and access to a car for use in the course of this work.
An ONC/OND or BTEC in electrical engineering/ electrical building services with at least ten years relevant experience post qualification.
All interested candidates please contact Naomi at Premiere People on 02890 720106 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience: 0 yrs