Optical (Physics or related Graduate) Engineer (Belfast based)
Our client operates at the high value end of global scientific imaging, spectroscopy and microscopy systems market.
This post will appeal to a recent high calibre Physics Graduate with possibly some hands-on technical experience.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager the successful candidate will be working in an agile engineering team extending and enhancing the business innovative light measurement solutions product portfolio. The role extends to instrument optimisation, product requirements management, image processing algorithm development, quality testing strategy & development and support for customer queries and production support.
- 3rd level (qualification in a physical science, engineering discipline or equivalent qualification), 2.1 or higher.
- Evidence of high initiative and the ability to learn quickly.
- Experience in opto-mechanical subsystems
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving capability
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Make sound decisions under pressure
- Ability to think creatively
- Delivers on targets and commitments
- Able to work on own initiative and as member of a team
- Excellent communication skills - ability to understand and translate complex information
Please submit a comprehensive CV which should clearly demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria, including your remuneration expectations through the link here. You may call Greg Quinn on 07900 361608 for more information.
We are acting as an employment agency for this employer