MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting for an exclusive Development Engineering role for our client based in Greater Belfast. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Project or Technical Engineer who wishes to expand their knowledge and experience in the exciting phase of Industrialisation of a new plant which will involve the R&D of processes right through to commercialisation
The company is headquartered in Belfast but has an R&D Test Site in Co. Down. The markets for this new pelletising system are international with the primary start-up planned in the USA from 2019.
The successful candidate will get involved in travelling to the USA and other countries in order to assess, select and design the process system
- Research and advise on selection of equipment components in the process system.
- Research, by both desk and manufacturers visits - this will include practical applications.
- Project manage the design of the process system working with the various teams in both NI and USA or other locations.
- Prepare accurate costings and project manage the design and completion of the process to within the approved budgets.
- Project manage the setup of the first unit in the USA and thereafter ensure the roll out of the future units in not only the USA, but in the EU and other international locations.
The successful candidate
- Degree educated or equivalent in mechanical, process or manufacturing engineering with experience in an equipment related environment
- Project management/engineering experience is essential, and the individual should be motivated to drive the R&D forward.
- Interest would be given to someone who has a knowledge of crushing, mixing, extrusion and material handling although not essential.
- Applicant must be willing to travel for periods of time especially in the first year as the first process system is set up for operation.
- Strong 3D CAD and proficiency in MS Office, with excellent communication and practical engineering skills are required.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Kirsty Dillon, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence
Experience: 0 yrs