MCS Group is exclusively recruiting a Requirements Engineer in partnership with our client, a global and leading high technology organisation. Our client has a 60-year heritage in world class engineering and is the leading high technology company in the country employing over 500 people in the defence and space sectors.
These roles will be based in their state-of-the-art Belfast Facility and is part of a huge recruitment campaign for several specialised engineering roles across all levels in the business. It is the result of many new business wins alongside growth and success within a number of other key projects. This is an exciting time to join the business where, not only will you enjoy strong career & technical development but most importantly, the opportunity every day to work on interesting and varied projects. This will offer you fantastic exposure and work variety at the forefront of leading tech within the engineering industry here in Northern Ireland and across the globe.
So, what is the role of a Requirements Engineer?
Due to expansion we are recruiting for a Requirements Engineer (Systems Engineer) who can undertake both front-end lifecycle System Requirements tasks, but who is equally capable of undertaking back-end Integration, Verification and Validation activities. With the opportunity to work across multiple projects at varies stages of the lifecycle including new and existing projects this is truly a varied role.
Your day-to-day role will include:
- Requirements capture & management: Capture Customer & End user needs and distil into functional and non-functional requirements
- Manage the derivation & flow-down of lower-level (Subsystem / component) Requirements.
- You will be rresponsible for Requirement Management Planning and tools
- Support the requirement improvement, validation and verification work.
- Participate in team decision-making and provide support and collaboration for the team
- Manage project requirements /Conduct peer reviews of requirements specifications
- DOORS tool administrative tasks / Manage project metrics
- Support to engineering team on projects
The successful candidate:
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree (BEng, BSc) in a Numerate, Scientific or Engineering subject or Higher Education/equivalent training and experience with excellent communications skills, both verbally and written, with the ability to present and explain technical and complex problems, tailored appropriately for the audience
- An understanding of System Engineering and System Engineering Processes and Practices, including knowledge of Systems Lifecycles
- An ability to work with combinations of technologies, to integrate and verify them in a logical and structured way into a system in order to fully satisfy a Customer's requirement
- PC Literate: Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Experience of requirements capture and management (e.g. in DOORS), or experience of system architectural modelling or simulation (e.g. in MatLab or Simulink) is preferred but not essential
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Kirsty Dillon Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google
Experience: 0 yrs