MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting for an immediately available Manufacturing Engineer for a complex component manufacturing facility based in Belfast. This site is experiencing increased business requirements and as a result they are recruiting a talented ME to support with regular continuous improvement and product enhancement activities in Belfast, on a contract basis.
In this role you will: -
- Lead the introduction of new products and processes
- Provide support to the production team to meet Safety, Quality, Velocity and Cost Targets.
- Identify, define and implement process quality and process design steps in line with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) requirements
- Identify, purchase and co-ordinate the installation of tooling, equipment, machinery and capital expenditure projects
- Ensure that Design for Manufacture and Assembly principles are applied through the product development process
- Interface with the product group(s) & customer representatives to ensure the customer's technical requirements are translated into the manufacturing processes
- Ensure new product and process implementations meet safety requirements
- Ensure accurate new product costing through BOM and routing accuracy
- Co-ordinate and implement complex engineering changes
The successful candidate will have: -
- A degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical engineering or equivalent experience which should include
- introducing new products into a manufacturing environment
- the ability to read engineering drawings
- project management experience; with the introduction of new products and complex engineering changes
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Kirsty Dillon, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence
Experience: 0 yrs