MCS Group is keen to speak to strong Mechanical Engineers who have a good knowledge or aptitude for software/scripting skills and an interest in cost modelling within the manufacturing sector.
This exciting opportunity exists within a specialised organisation who provide their customers with the software to generate cost estimates for different types of products manufactured by a variety of manufacturing processes.
As a cost modeller, you would be responsible for the development and support of cost models for a constantly growing list of manufacturing processes.
In this role, your main function would be to carry out the following duties: -
- Develop cost models that will estimate part and tooling costs with/without 3D CAD geometry.
- Research, specify, design, and implement process and cost models for various manufacturing processes.
- Research and gather appropriate industry data on manufacturing costs and processes to populate the data required to build an accurate cost model and to validate its accuracy.
You will have: -
- Degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Manufacturing engineering with a number of years' exposure to an engineering or manufacturing processes
- Experience gained in the design and/or manufacturing of components or in cost estimating mechanical and electrical components
- Expertise/understanding of a variety of manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of the manufacturing processes from a cost perspective and be able to de-couple the ideas and concepts that are critical in driving the major components of cost in the process.
- Ability to research and assemble large varieties of information and data about manufacturing processes as needed for cost models.
- Programming experience - Visual Basic, Java, or similar
- Ideally experience designing and building software cost estimation and simulation models.
- Experience with CAD a plus
- Please be aware that you may have to meet security clearance requirements for this particular role
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Kirsty Dillon, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence
Experience: 0 yrs