A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Biased Multi Skilled Engineer to join our world class engineering team.
To work on shifts as required providing breakdown and maintenance cover on a varied range of machinery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Prevent machine failure during your shift and in later shifts
- Carry out preventive maintenance tasks as scheduled during the shift to required standard
- Conduct continuous machine observation and measurement during the shift, identifying potential failure or deterioration in output, waste or quality performance from machine standards
- Determine cause of potential failure or performance deterioration, and either complete remedial work during shift or brief subsequent shift and Maintenance Manager on issue, cause and recommended solution
- Use manuals and failure history to develop preventative tasks. Brief the Maintenance Manager of the task and its purpose. Train engineers on other shifts how to perform new tasks.
Prevent losses (equipment damage), accidents or injuries through use or maintenance of equipment
- Conduct continuous machine observation during the shift, identifying potential safety risks and taking necessary actions to remove the hazard
- Conduct risk assessment prior to any maintenance work and ensure conclusions are implemented prior to start of work to remove hazards
- Ensure equipment is handed back to production in 100% safe condition
- Be aware of incident reports and work with operational managers to promptly implement solutions to prevent re-occurrence.
Complete corrective actions during shift to return equipment to standard output, quality and waste levels
- Respond immediately to equipment failures during your shift
- Conduct systematic, rigorous and accurate fault diagnosis
- Determine most effective solution to the fault
- Effect the solution, and report on nature of fault, cause and solution via computerised maintenance system.
Identify, recommend and implement machine and process improvements
- Regularly observe the operation of all equipment
- Identify causes of reduction in output per hour, or yield losses
- Develop and recommend solutions to improve output rate per hour or materials yield.
- Observe and understand non-productive activities such as product changeover and hygiene cleaning.
- Identify opportunities to reduce the time taken for these activities.
- Develop and recommend solutions to improve the time taken.
- To observe the Company rules for employees
- To observe the company policy on Health & Safety At Work
- To observe the Company policy and procedures on Quality Assurance
- To co-operate readily, politely and amicably with other Company personnel
- To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested.
Key Performance Indicators
- Standard of work
- Reports clear concise and up to date
- Work completed
- Apprentice trained
- Able to read electrical drawings
- Ability to logically fault find
- Experience of inverter, servo, PLC
- Worked with circuits from 415 to 24VDC power & control
- Carry out PPM/RI’s
- Understanding of pneumatics
- Read mechanical drawings
- Worked with conveyors
- Worked with chain, sprocket, belt driven machinery
- IT Skills
- Competent work shop based skills
- Welding skills to TIG and electric ARC
- Fabrication experience
- Experience with PAT testing
- Panel building and testing
- 17th Edition
Location: Based in Belfast
Type of role: Full Time, Permanent
Reporting to: Engineering FLM
Shift: Alternating 5 week shift pattern with a combination of day and night shifts
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
Hovis Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the Community.