Shift Operational Technician
- To ensure that all equipment within Horizon's control is correctly maintained and repaired, maximising plant efficiency and the safety of all personnel at all times.
- To maintain and improve standards of Health and Safety, Quality and housekeeping and to report any short comings promptly.
- To operate and maintain all site main utilities (HVAC, chilled water & refrigeration systems, compressed air, steam generation & distribution, nitrogen generation, on-site power generation & distribution, within a multi-site based team.
- Management of cleanroom operation.
- To carry out, within competency levels, management of maintenance activities, fault finding, repair, decommissioning and re-commissioning (Electrical & Mechanical) on a wide range of plant systems and equipment.
- The Engineer must be able to undertake the role with the minimum of supervision, whilst maintaining a flexible approach and focus on the needs of the client, and effectively follow the quality process and procedures put in place, including identifying areas for improvement
- Role will require the Engineer to have a cross functional approach, working with the Site Supervisor, willing to undertake tasks in areas within their competence, but not within the strict definition of their tasks, as directed by the Site Lead.
- Working within the Site Team delivering 24/7 cover.
- To safely operate and maintain all utilities and plant items under Horizon’s control, ensuring 100% service delivery is supplied to the client under contract KPIs.
- Follow all Health & Safety and Environmental requirements that are defined on work instructions or communicated in training.
- Follow required emergency procedures as documented and to respond accordingly during emergency situations.
- To provide operational support by acting as a Competent Person within the meaning of the Site Electrical Safety Rules.
- Report all accidents, occupational illnesses and emergencies.
- Host & induct specialist sub-contractors, and ensure they conform to site requirements.
- Formulate and review risk assessments and method statements.
- Oversee planned preventative maintenance, routine servicing and inspection and commissioning of all mechanical plant, electrical equipment and instrumentation within the portfolio.
- Issue Permits to Work and Isolation Permits for both site team and sub-contractors.
- Must be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of all systems within the building services and production environment.
- Conduct energy audits and report usage and findings
- Respond to the requests of Operations by carrying out tasks associated with breakdowns.
- Provide effective feed back to the Site Lead to ensure that they are aware of any Facilities/ System/ Equipment/ Site Engineering abnormalities.
- Provide absence and holiday cover within the wider team as required.
- To take responsibility for defects and follow up on any repairs.
- Act as a point of contact for Helpdesk calls.
- As directed by the Site lead, undertake tasks not listed above, but for which you have the skills, knowledge or competency, to perform effectively in a safe manner.
- Identify and take ownership of specific improvement projects.
- Trade qualification in Electrical/Mechanical with a formal qualification (ONC/OND) or above in a related engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years operational experience in an industrial engineering environment.
- Full Driving License
- NEBOSH/IOSH desirable
Site & Shift Teams, Operations Management Team, HSQE Staff, Production
KEY COMPETENCES REQUIRED
Experience (knowledge) Essential
- Knowledge of Health & Safety statutory legislation and requirements
- Knowledge of ISO management systems: ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 and 50001
- A strong understanding of compliance with government legislation.
- Computer literacy with an aptitude to become proficient with CMMS and various in-house software suites
- Familiarity with Building Management System (Trend) and Energy Management Systems (eSight)
- Other associated electrical, mechanical and control skills – e.g. 18th Edition BS-7671
Skills (must be able to …) Essential
- Possess a proven ability to fault find and problem solve on electrical and mechanical systems
- Demonstrate an innovative, positive and open approach to problem solving
- Fulfil all requirements of service agreements on site(s) and work towards a “first time fix” where appropriate
- Work well with others, helping to generate a positive team atmosphere
- Build effective working relationships
- Take ownership of personal development
- Take responsibility for their own Health & Safety, comply with all relevant regulations
- To be self-motivated and proactively seek out work.
An awareness of Lean Engineering and Six Sigma philosophies
Familiarity with various maintenance practices including reliability centred maintenance, condition based monitoring, early equipment management etc.
Interested applicants please submit your CV CLICKING APPLY FOR THIS JOB