Electrical Systems Manager
Act as a HV Authorised Person on Client sites in accordance with Client or Horizon Engineering Electrical Safety Rules.
Manage and deliver HV/LV Maintenance programmes on Client sites utilising approved specialist contractors.
Support the development of an “in-house” training facility equipped with HV and LV Switchgear.
Develop and implement training programmes to assist the development of Client operational personnel, Authorised Persons and Competent Persons, to include:
- Electricity at Work Regulations and their application.
- Electrical Hazards and Precautions.
- Secondary Hazards and Emergency Conditions.
- Operational and Safety Features of Switchgear.
- Substations and Safety Requirements.
- Fundamentals and Structure of Electrical Safety Rules documents covering HV and LV Systems.
- Operational Procedures.
- Outline of the Use of Electrical Protection on Industrial HV Systems.
- Routine Maintenance Procedures for HV and LV Switchgear and Transformers.
- Contingency Planning in the Event of Mains Failure.
- Fault finding and Fault Diagnosis Techniques on HV and LV Systems.
- Entry into Substations.
Qualifications and Aptitude:
- Degree in an electrical subject and have a minimum of three years relevant experience.
- ONC, HNC or equivalent in an electrical subject and/or have a minimum of five years relevant experience.
- Capable of managing the activity, taking responsibility, and acting safely under all circumstances.
- Have had at least three years’ experience as an HV Authorised Person.
- Be familiar with the types of equipment, systems and installations found in an industrial environment.
- Have had direct experience in the operation of HV and LV Switchgear.
- Have knowledge of the use of all appropriate safety equipment, test/indicating equipment and Safety Signs.
- Have a good understanding of all the necessary safety measures to be taken to avoid Danger, and to prevent Injury and damage to equipment.
- Have undertaken an external approved Authorised Persons training course including refresher courses at three-year intervals.
- Have undertaken an external approved Emergency First Aid at Work training course including refresher courses at three-year intervals, which shall include treatment of electric shock
Summary Terms and Conditions
Annual Basic Gross Salary (paid monthly): £40,000.00 plus benefits (Negotiable)
Normal Working Week: 38 hours
- All expenses incurred on behalf of the company will be reimbursed.
- Mileage will be reimbursed at the current standard HMRC rates.
Notice Period: 3 Months
To apply please send your CV VIA CLICKING THE APPLY BUTTON