Your new company
Hays are working in partnership with Translink to recruit a Senior Compliance & Assurance Engineer to join their Infrastructure & Projects team based in their new Milewater Road Service Centre in Belfast.
With around 3,800 employees across various locations throughout the province, Translink are one of Northern Ireland's largest employers who established over 50 years ago when Northern Ireland Railways, Ulsterbus and Citybus came together to form Translink. Recent figures have confirmed a 3.4m increase in passenger journeys, the highest in over 20 years. This growth has been driven by investment in new services and physical infrastructure to roads, rail track and stations.
Your new role
You will be responsible to the Head of Signalling & Telecoms for the compliance of Network Rail Line S&T standards, and ensuring that there is a strategy in place for maintaining and improving the reliability of Signalling and Telecom assets. As part of the reliability function you will have responsibility for the management of the Sentia asset data base and remote handheld devices for 50 staff.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of a degree or equivalent qualification in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- BS1, BS2, HW1000, SMTH, RRI, TPWS & AWS Training Certification.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the maintenance of railway signalling systems.
- Experience of undertaking investigations/audits in an engineering environment and providing recommendations that ensures safety and performance of services.
- Experience of data analysis and the application of Reliability Centered Maintenance.
- Experience of applying procedures, processes and audits to ensure compliance to accepted standards
- Experience of reviewing technical information, assessing implications and presenting data to support suitable performance improvement strategies.
- Experience of Safety, Health and Environment.
- Experience of using computer software relating to asset data base and interfacing and updating of functionality of hand held devices.
- Professional assessing qualification OCR Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement.
- Supervision of staff in a unionised environment.
What you'll get in return
Highly competitive salary, plus 10% individual performance relate bonus
NIGOSC Pension scheme
37 hours per week
25 day annual leave plus 9 statutory days.
Free onsite Parking
Personal and family travel pass entitling you to free travel throughout Northern Ireland on Translink bus and rail network.
What you need to do now
f you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Closing date for completed applications is 12 noon 20th September 2019, early applications are advised.
A full job description can be provided upon request.
Experience: 0 yrs