Senior Automation Engineer in Belfast
Your new company
We are exclusively recruiting for our client who manufacture the first generation of truly autonomous Reverse Circulation (RC) drill rigs to their customer base in Australia. Their autonomous RC drill rigs are an industry first, increasing the safety of workforce while also increasing efficiency and productivity. Our client are massively backed by Invest NI and are projected to introduce 120 new jobs. Due to this growth, our client are looking to recruit for a Senior Automation Engineer.
Your new role
- Responsible for assigned R&D tasks & engineering tasks
- Work in compliance of Company safety standards
- Maintain technical coordination and support with the Engineering staff and other departments, including but not limited to, Production, Purchasing, Sales and Customer Service
- Design and development of PLC control systems to integrate with mechanical and hydraulic designs
- Working knowledge of PLCs, sensor, actuators, and instrumentation hardware for component selection
- Ensure all designs are fully documented in models, drawings, and bill of materials
- Perform a variety of calculations to substantiate design and show necessary design details, section views, and dimensions on production drawings
- Enter Item master specifications and bill of materials into the ERP/MRP system to complement production drawings
- Conduct cross-function design reviews
- Follow the Engineering strategic plan as outlined by the Control Systems - Team Lead.
- Electrical drafting in Solidworks Electrical.
- Schematics building.
- Provide support and work closely with other departments in the business as needed and prioritised by the Control Systems - Team Lead
What you'll need to succeed
- Knowledge of Solidworks Electrical & SAP is an advantage.
- Safe handling of MS office tools
- Knowledge of mobile equipment such as drill rigs and mining machinery
- Solidworks Electrical or AutoCAD experience essential
- Strong fundamental programming skills
- Application of industrial internet / Industry 4.0 to leverage the power of smart machines and real-time analytics
- Excellent Teamwork and communications skills
- A good understanding of hydraulic and mechanical operating principles
- HTL / FH / TU - Degree in electrical engineering, electronics or mechatronics
- 3 years minimum practical experience in automation design and construct.
- Mobile Equipment experience is paramount as well as a good understanding of process control
- 3 years of codesys programming experience, including a high level of Codesys 3.5 understanding
- IFM/TT Controls experience highly regarded
- TUV or similar safety certification highly regarded
- Skilled at Visualisation development for HMI
- Remote Control and comms experience
- knowledge in the following communication protocols is desirable: CANOpen, TCP/IP, UDP, ADS
What you'll get in return
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary and have the opportunity to work with one of NI's most innovative and forward thinking company's when it comes to Automation. This is a fantastic role for someone who wants to challenge themselves and be a valued member amongst the Engineering team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Dominic now on, 0333 010 5308
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs