Your new company
Hays are proud to be working exclusively on behalf of Translink in their search & selection for their prestigious Head of Major Projects, Frameworks & Contracts vacancy. Translinks vision is to be the first choice for travel in Northern Ireland & their mission is to deliver a transformation in public transport, providing integrated services which connect people, enhance the economy and improve the environment, enabling a thriving Northern Ireland. Translink are proud to be recognised as an Investor in People (IiP) having attained a number of awards throughout the organisation. They continue to provide excellent learning and development opportunities in order to give employees the opportunity to stretch themselves, to do more and new things. They are committed to creating a diverse workforce as they recognise the benefits this brings to the organisation. By working together to enhance Translink's business environment, they create a culture that inspires the best ideas, the best people and best opportunity to thrive. As Head of Major Projects, Frameworks & Contracts you will be welcomed into the Infrastructure & Projects Directorate and be provided with the platform to successfully deliver on targets for one of Northern Ireland's best known brand names.
Your new role
This post has accountability to the Director of Infrastructure & Projects for the planning, development and delivery of large, high profile projects and frameworks with significant stakeholder interest. The current total value of the projects and frameworks to be delivered by the post holder is in excess of £500m and include:
- Belfast Transport Hub - £200m
- North West Hub - £27m
- S&T Framework - £160m over 8 years
- Permanent Way Framework - £120m over 8 years
You will be expected to champion excellence in project delivery and drive a culture of continuous improvement through the management and delivery of large scale (infrastructure) investment programmes.
What you'll need to succeed
The Head of Major Projects, Frameworks & Contracts will undertake this new and challenging role following the re-integration of the Infrastructure and Projects Divisions. Within the new Directorate you will provide key support to the Director of Infrastructure & Projects to ensure Major Projects and key Frameworks are successfully developed and delivered. In addition, you will ensure commercial and contractual support is provided to the project teams whilst also ensuring project progress and cost is robustly monitored/challenged.
The essential criteria required in order to be considered for this position including but not limited to the following:
- Minimum of a Degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering.
- Chartered membership of an engineering or construction related institution.
- A minimum of 3 year's experience of managing multiple major projects concurrently with a minimum value of £30m per project.
- Experience of managing multiple frameworks concurrently.
- Proven success and substantial experience in leading project management, design and specification of major capital projects.
- Experience in the development and implementation of procurement strategies for complex, multidisciplinary projects and frameworks.
- Experience of the NEC suite of contracts, procurement legislation and contract law.
- Demonstrable experience of conducting risk/value management assessments of projects thus ensuring effective project management.
- Track record on results delivery.
Opportunity & Next Steps
Translink employs 4,150 people across various locations throughout Northern Ireland and this is one of the most challenging & prestigious career opportunities you will be presented with. On top of a highly attractive basic salary you will also be able to avail of numerous additional benefits that Translink offer their employees. The Head of Major Projects, Frameworks & Contracts is a highly desirable vacancy and also integral to the successful delivery of the ongoing high-profile projects Translink are committed to. For further information and to be considered for the role please do not hesitate to apply through the link or contact myself for a full & confidential discussion.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now on 02890446900 to request a candidate application pack.
Experience: 0 yrs