Quality and Technical Job: Technical Manager Job: Our client based in Belfast, require a Technical Manager for their ever growing Food Manufacturing site. This is a permanent vacancy with an excellent salary on offer £45,000 - £55,000pa.
Producing some of the most recognised brands in the market, our client produces high quality food for supermarkets across the North and South of Ireland and also work closely with their sister company, a major international supplier. They have grown year on year to become one of Belfast’s largest employers. Having recently secured a Billion Pound investment, this is a fantastic time to be joining this company.
As a key member of the Management team, the successful Technical Manager will be responsible for the management and development of the technical team, while achieving exceptionally high quality in the production of all products, implementing continuous improvement methods and providing expertise on site audits. Duties will include (but not be limited to):
· Safely lead, motivate and develop the Technical team, ensuring all KPI’s and legal requirements are continually achieved
· Ensure that Quality Management Systems, operating practices and process controls are developed implemented and practised by all staff to deliver consistently high quality and solid company site standards
· Lead and advise the various site teams on Statutory Regulations and company standards, communicating why these standards must be adhered to at all times to ensure food safety, quality and environmental hygiene
· Develop technical competency, spotting where extra training may be required and organising such training.
· Working closely with the Engineering and Manufacturing Managers to introduce and implement new initiatives which will enhance the manufacturing process, reduce costs and improve quality
· Lead all customer and auditing bodies as well as monitoring and analysing all internal audits to ensure 100% compliance at all times and correcting any issues as they arise.
· All other duties as expected from a Technical Manager in a Food Manufacturing setting.
· Minimum 5 years previous experience in a Technical/hygiene role, preferably at Management level, within a food manufacturing setting
· Proven Project Management and auditing skills
· Strong IT skills with a sound knowledge of retailer Codes of Practice & Web based systems (preferably BRC Web Based System)
· Graduate/HNC/HND or equivalent in a Food Related Discipline
· HACCP Qualification Preferred
· Knowledge of Allergen Control Methods
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Salary: £45,000-£55,000pa depending on experience
Does this sound like the challenge you have been looking for? Do you have the skills and experience required to excel in this position? Then please forward your CV ensuring it demonstrates how you meet the essential criteria.
Mairead McConnell, Brightwater Recruitment Specialists
T: 02890 325 325